Software Engineer – Web Frontend
You are a full stack developer who performs complex research, design, and software development within a software functional area or product line, and provides direct input to project plans, estimates, schedules, and methodology in the development of cross-functional omnichannel software products focused on consumer-facing Web applications. This position mentors junior members of the team; talks to users/customers/internal stakeholders and works with team members to translate their requests into solutions.
Responsibilities of the Software Engineer include:
- Partners with the Digital Marketing Team and other stakeholders to bring a sharp and responsive experience to patients, visitors and employees by using the latest in Web technologies and state-of-the-art software and database design.
- Provides leadership for Web Development encompassing all aspects of application design and development, interfaces, secure programming, scalability, accessibility and system performance. Will lead initiatives involving new technology, defines web technology architecture, and participates in creating roadmap and estimations.
- Interface with other technical personnel or team members to understand and finalize complex requirements, wireframes, design and architecture and deliver robust cloud-based solutions that drive powerful experiences to our customer.
- Demonstrate understanding of PCI and HIPPA compliance requirements and ability to design and develop solutions that conform to those requirements.
- Demonstrate understanding of application architecture and infrastructure as they relate to service delivery including availability and performance and accessibility.
- Demonstrate understanding of secure programming concepts as they relate to web application development with the ability to define solutions that mitigate risks including but not limited to the OWASP Top 10
- Implementation of proper data protection and storage, secure and performant solutions that adhere to defined standards.
- Share your passion for staying on top of tech trends, experimenting with and learning new technologies, participating in internal & external technology communities, mentoring other members of the engineering team in addition to coding and evaluating code.
- Create thorough documentation for all code and libraries generated that adheres to documentation principles agreed upon by the entire development team.
- Troubleshoots and debugs code developed by themselves as well as other developers
- Successfully implement development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews and TDD/BDD.
- Operate in various development environments (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) while collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Train entry-level software engineers as directed by department management, ensuring they are knowledgeable in critical aspects of their roles.
- Work with cloud native stack, build on AWS/Azure, use technologies like Kubernetes/Dockers, CI/CD.
- Mentor less-senior software developers on development methodologies and optimization techniques.
- Keep abreast of new technology developments.
- All other duties as assigned.