By: Liana Trigg, CSS Tec Salesforce Technical Account Manager.
In Ratatouille, food critic Anton Ego says, “In the past, I have made no secret of my disdain for Chef Gusteau’s famous motto: Anyone can cook. But I realize, only now do I truly understand what he meant. Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere.”
The same is true for Salesforce Administrators. The Salesforce ecosystem is a place where professionals looking to work hard and learn every day thrive independent of their background. It is a place where people build end-to-end business management solutions and also their careers.
If you frequently work on the administrative side of Salesforce, you should not be afraid of the Salesforce Administrator certification exam. In fact, the Salesforce Administrator certification can be an excellent way to launch your career to new heights.
“Salesforce has made career development and learning so easy for all levels of users and admins. The platforms for learning and gaining knowledge are endless and that is what makes Salesforce ecosystem so unique.” – Amy Green, Director of Marketing at ZynBit
Let’s start with the facts:
- The test assesses your prowess on 12 distinct Salesforce topics.
- You have 105 minutes to answer 60 multiple-choice questions (5 unscored questions will be added).
- 65% is a passing score.
- You can review the guide provided by Salesforce here.
- The exam costs $200. If you do not pass the first time, it is $100 to re-take the exam.
Recommended study plan:
- Sign up for the Salesforce Administrator certification exam right now. Add 30 days to today’s date and schedule the exam for that day. Yes, if you put the time in, you can prepare yourself in 30 days.
- Sub-recommendation: If you are attending Dreamforce and would like to become Salesforce certified in the future, sign up to take the exam at Dreamforce. Why? Exams are ½ off at Dreamforce. Even if you fail, you get to take a practice test and the re-test for the same cost as one test any other time.
- Sign up for Trailhead and complete the following trails:
- “Learn CRM Essentials for Salesforce Classic”
- “Admin Beginner”
- Sign up for CertifiedOnDemand. The $50 are worth it. Trust me.
- Take the practice test at the end to gauge your preparedness.
- If you need more practice, go to Quizlet.com or download the Quizlet mobile application to study Salesforce Administrator decks.
Whether you’re looking to learn to make Ratatouille or pass the Salesforce Administrator certification, all you have to do is follow the right recipe.
Liana Trigg works as the Salesforce Technical Account Manager at CSS Tec. She works with clients for both Salesforce consulting and staffing needs. In her day-to-day responsibilities she sees how clients respond to Salesforce certified professionals – and how those certifications help to elevate great members of the Salesforce ecosystem.