August 16th, 2012
Contemporary Staffing celebrates Throwback Thursdays!
Each week, we will feature a first job of one of our employees, clients, or contractors. They will share what they learned from their first job, and how they feel as though it’s applicable to their job today.
Kim W., Regional Relationship Manager at Contemporary Staffing Solutions, shares her first job:
“[Working at a Funeral Home as a Funeral Assistant] was a great experience that helped me with being able to keep my composure – you couldn’t show any emotions around the families … Today that trait assists me tremendously when working with candidates and clients because it takes a lot to get me upset!”
“I also learned I like working with people who talk a lot as opposed to not talking at all!”
Contemporary Staffing wants to know: What was your first job?! What did you learn? Reply below or email firstname.lastname@example.org!
Looking for a new job? Search our job board at jobs.contemporarystaffing.com for openings in your area!
June 25th, 2012
CSS Technical Services hosted a Consultant Appreciation Night at the Philadelphia Phillies Game last Thursday. Although the Phillies lost to the Colorado Rockies, a great time was had by the 40 consultants and CSS Tech employees in attendance.
For more info on how you can become part of the CSS Technical Services team, please visit our Job Board!
CSS Technical Services goes to the Phillies!
June 22nd, 2012
Contemporary Staffing will be having an OPEN HOUSE
Tuesday, June 26th from 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM
in Philadelphia and King of Prussia.
Available positions paying $12-30/hour based on experience and skill set.
Please come prepared with your resume, 3 professional references and 2 valid forms of government-issued id for completing an I-9. Please come dressed to impress!!
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel
- Must be energetic and have strong customer service skills
- Professional communication skills
- Available immediately to interview and start a position
- Minimum of High School diploma
***Contemporary Staffing Solutions is hiring qualified candidates for the following positions:
- Executive Assistant position in King of Prussia with solid administrative skills and prior Executive level support experience. Position starting at $25-30/hour
- Administrative Assistants in Philadelphia with solid administrative skills needed for various clients. Must have strong computer skills and data entry
- Bilingual Customer Service Representatives $12-14/hour with strong written and verbal communication skills and administrative experience.
- Licensed Agents in Philadelphia with Customer Service Experience
- AR/AP Specialist needed in King of Prussia. Solid Excel skills as well as good attention to detail. Paying $14+
- Loan Modification Specialist position in Center City. Must have 1-3 years of mortgage experience as well as expert level MS Excel skills
- Front desk Receptionist needed for large Philadelphia client. must have multi-line phone skills as well as professional communication skills and presentation. $12+
For directions to our offices, please click the location icon under the appropriate office below !
King of Prussia
||Walnut Hill Plaza
||Monday-Friday 8AM-5:30 PM
|150 S Warner Rd Suite 201
|King of Prussia, PA 19406
||Phone: (610) 832.2500
|Fax: (610) 832.0210
||Sterling Commerce Center
||Monday-Friday 8AM-5:30 PM
|1819 JFK Boulevard, Suite 307
|Philadelphia, PA 19103
||Phone: (215) 568.5630
|Fax: (215) 568.5530
January 6th, 2012
Tech companies face a common problem when it comes to staffing. This is an incredibly competitive field. You need to have a talented workforce, but if your company does not stand out from the rest of the crowd, you will not be able to attract the top talent your company needs to succeed.
This catch-22 situation can be avoided by implementing strategies designed not only to attract the talent you need, but also to retain that talent. Three very simple strategies can have tremendous results if they are applied correctly.
1. Offer the option to telecommute.
According to Dice.com, workers are more than willing to take up to a 10% cut in pay just to have the option to telecommute to their jobs. You can offer telecommuting options in a variety of ways. For example, you can give employees a set amount of days to work at home, or you can provide them with a 100% telecommuting position. If you are looking to attract talent outside of your local area, instead of expecting them to re-locate, offer them the option of telecommuting to work. This also translates into a powerful retention tool.
2. Choose the right places for recruiting.
Today’s tech world is evolving incredibly quickly. If you are relying on old methods of reaching new talent, chances are you may be coming up short. Utilize social media for your applicant search and get connected with the tech community on a personal level.
3. Keep your website current with tech trends.
Is your corporate web site trapped in a design that is staid and non-functional? Remember, if you want to attract the best, you have to be the best. Your company’s site is still your public face to the world. If it’s not compelling and exciting, chances are you may get passed over for a competitor who appears to have more to offer.
These are just three simple ways for your company to start attracting the cream of the tech crop. Just as you must stay on top of current trends to market your company’s products and services, you must also do this to market yourself to potential new-hires.