IT certifications are on the rise, and they’re a great thing to look for when you’re recruiting talent. A certification can be a way to choose one of two otherwise equally qualified candidates. Requiring a certification is also a great way to make your candidates prove their skills. So which IT certifications should you be on the lookout for in 2015? CIO magazine recently predicted Which certifications will be most in demand in the next six months. Here are five:
GIAC Certified Windows Security Administrator
- What someone with this certification knows: How to secure Microsoft Windows clients and servers using technologies like PKI, Dynamic Access Control, and PowerShell.
- Who it’s good for: Engineers who install, configure, and secure Microsoft Windows clients and servers.
- Recommended experience: Practical experience, whether through a job, a training course, or self-study.
- What someone with this certification knows: System security, network infrastructure, cryptography, assessments, and audits.
- Who it’s good for: Security engineers, network administrators, or others looking for a second-level certification with a focus on security.
- Recommended experience: Minimum of two years of IT administration with a focus on security.
Mongo DB Certified DBA
- What someone with this certification knows: Run-time configuration, processes, scaling, backup and recovery, monitoring, and performance tuning for databases managed by one of the most popular systems in the industry.
- Who it’s good for: IT workers who are interested in working with big data.
- Recommended experience: Administrators who are familiar with the concepts and mechanics of MongoDB, even if they haven’t had professional experience with it.
Cisco Certified Design Associate
What someone with this certification knows: The fundamentals of designing basic networks with Cisco.
Who it’s good for: Anyone who works with networks for campuses, data centers, security, or voice and wireless.
Recommended experience: Four years of working with Cisco networks.
AWS Certified SysOps Administrator-Associate (Cloud)
- What someone with this certification knows: How to deploy, manage, and operate scalable systems on the Amazon Web Services platform.
- Who it’s good for: Entry-level IT workers who work with AWS and the Cloud.
- Recommended experience: At least one year of hands-on experience with AWS-based applications.
Looking for more information about useful IT certifications? A specialist at Contemporary Staffing Solution’s Technical Division can tell you what skills you need to be on the lookout for. Contact us today to develop a recruiting plan based on your company’s needs.