Posted: Thu, 14 Feb 2019 17:10:45 -0500
Location: Pasadena, CA
Industry: Accounting Finance
Job Type: Direct
Required Years of Experience: 7+
Skill Set: Mid-Senior level (4-10 yrs)
Searching for a VP of Quantitative Liquidity Mortgage Risk Management that is proven and experienced for a direct hire role at our client company paying up to $150,000.
Our client company is a bank that offers financial services to their dedicated, national customers to help with all their business and personal needs. Balance sheet experience with consumer loans, commercial loans, residential and commercial mortgages, and mortgage backed securities. Experience with deposit behavioral modeling and prepayments are desirable.
Responsibilities of the VP of Quantitative Liquidity Mortgage Risk Management include:
- Leverage the limit and policy structure, Internal liquidity stress-testing (ILST) framework, as well as regulatory, rating agency, and investor expectations to develop tools to optimize the required liquidity maintained at the legal entity level and drive shareholder value
- Coordinate closely with treasury colleagues, the corporate forecast and capital planning teams to ensure appropriate incorporation liquidity constraints in the forecasted strategic actions and develop strategies to optimize liquidity
- Maintain thorough understanding of the regulatory requirements and guidance regarding liquidity risk; drive appropriate plans and actions to ensure any gaps are addressed on a timely basis
- Understand and assess the liquidity risk impact to new products and business strategies; Provide analytical support in establishing and calibrating new Board and Management liquidity limits, ALCO thresholds and/or early warning indicators to help manage liquidity risk
- Manage the strategic plan that guides the prioritization of system, framework and process enhancements in order to continuously evolve the liquidity management area; Pro-actively and continuously reassess the liquidity risk environment and adjust prioritization as necessary to ensure a strong framework
- Partner with key corporate and business partners to design and implement enhanced FTP methodologies to align risk taking incentives with liquidity risk exposure through sophisticated liquidity cost allocation
- Work directly with business and corporate leadership teams to ensure a sound understanding of liquidity risks, providing an independent view and value-adding contribution to enhance proactive risk management
- Ensure compliance with Regulatory Requirements, our policy and ensure contingency funding plans (CFP) appropriately incorporate updated liquidity risk measures and scenarios
Perks of Working with Our Client Company (for full-time employees):
- Tuition reimbursement
- Career growth opportunities
- Flexible schedule and generous Paid Time Off
- Comprehensive Medical and Flexible insurance options
- 401K plan
- And more!
- Minimum 7 years' experience in finance and treasury areas, including technical, and quantitative experience in liquidity risk management and/or asset liability management
- Advanced knowledge of liquidity risk analytics, regulatory guidance, including 2052A, LCR, liquidity stress testing, Reg YY, etc.
- Extensive understanding of Bank balance sheet modeling, including fixed income, and derivative instruments, as well as asset and liability interest rate and liquidity risks; comprehensive knowledge of capital market products and lending operations
- Strong quantitative and programming abilities required (C, C++, C#, VBA, SQL, Java, etc.) and QRM, or other ALM systems, is preferred
- In-depth knowledge of liquidity market risk analytics, including LCR, Liquidity Stress-Testing, Earnings at Risk, Economic Value of Equity, Value at Risk (VaR), Risk Sensitivities and scenario analysis, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – in particular, an ability to communicate complex technical ideas to a diverse audience and relate to less market and liquidity risk aware businesses.
Contemporary Staffing Solutions (CSS) is a company that exudes unwavering results with urgency, honesty and integrity. CSS has been a leading provider of contract, temporary, temporary-hire & direct hire solutions. We began as a staffing agency and evolved to a national provider of workforce management solutions with a niche recruitment focus in Accounting & Finance, Call Center & Office, Human Resources, Sales & Marketing, Information Technology, Salesforce We respect our clients and candidates equally while keeping the client’s best interest in mind. Everyone at CSS operates with pro-active pipelines and with the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, a team-oriented work flow, with real cross training. The CSS team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can manage your expectations. It’s what makes CSS great and, most importantly, FUN to work with!