A User Experience (UX) Manager is needed for a Direct-Hire position in Fort Washington, PA. As the UX Manager, you will oversee the creation of a consistent, intuitive, easy-to-use user and elegant user experiences throughout all our products. You will lead a top-notch team of experienced and accomplished UX designers and advocate for the voice of the client in all aspects of our software. As you learn about our products, you will collaborate with our Product Managers, Developers, Business Analysts, and Support Staff improving and delivering software that is outstanding in our markets, contributing to the success of our users and helping them make the world a better place.
Responsibilities of the UX Manager include:
- Deliver the UX vision for the client's product suite, along with a plan for evolutionary, iterative updates, that actualize the larger vision over time.
- Provide leadership, direction, and mentorship for a team of UX Designer/Developers throughout the lifecycle of our software product development process
- Build strong relationships with leaders outside of the UX Team to efficiently implement user experiences that are cohesive, inclusive, and well-informed
- Be accountable for the overall coordination and strategy of the UX design creation - including research, standards, wireframes, prototypes, testing and defining functional specifications
- Review and guide UX team in ensuring delivery meets user design goals and use cases.
- Lead usability testing sessions with our clients to ensure their voice is present in the design of our software
- Work within an Agile development methodology to deliver products (both desktop and mobile) with an innovative experience design
- Analyze web data, market research, beta, and customer usability feedback to recommend and incorporate changes that simplify and improve the user experience
- Help define and maintain a global patterns and guidelines library
Requirements of the UX Manager:
- 5+ years of experience in UX Design with a focus on user interfaces
- 3+ years of experience managing or leading design teams
- Demonstrated portfolio of UX-focused work samples for web and mobile applications
- Working knowledge and support of Web Accessibility Standards
- Desire to constantly explore the best design tools, processes, and practices
- Strong self-management skills - ability to prioritize and stay organized while juggling multiple projects
- An excellent eye for art direction and proven ability to see it applied with consistency
- Thirst for solving complex problems that directly impact our client’s day-to-day work (the majority of whom are non-profits)
- Skilled at gaining consensus across multiple departments and leadership levels
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently
- Excellent communication and presentation skills - able to clearly and effectively communicate UX design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and customers
- Strong sense of ownership and drive
- Passionate about resolving user pain points through great design, but open to receiving constructive feedback
- Deep knowledge and appreciation for all areas of user experience design (information architecture, interaction design, visual design, prototype engineering, content)
- A bachelor's degree in User Experience, Design or a related skill is preferred
CSS Tec offers a range of IT professionals skilled in these roles: Salesforce Consulting/Administration, Project Managers, Scrum Masters, Cloud Architect, Developers (.NET & JAVA & Full Stack) Business Analysts, QAs, System Administrators, Network Engineers, Help Desk Agents, and Desktop Support Analysts. We specialize in Contract, Contract-to-Hire, Direct-Hire, and Project-based positions staffing nationally in the IT space. CSS helps organizations execute on key initiatives by delivering critical enterprise resources to complete projects, gain operational efficiencies, and drive customer success for our clients.
CSS works with our clients and candidates to communicate the opportunity being extended along with the experience required and approved by the client. In turn, the compensation is based on experience and the decision to extend an offer at a specific amount is determined by the hiring company, not CSS. We value the opportunity to represent you and are legally obligated does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.