Communications Systems Administrator
We are seeking a high energy, self-motivated Unified Communications Systems Engineer who will be responsible for implementation and administrating our O365 environment. The successful candidate will be a technical subject matter expert who can apply their functional knowledge to deliver innovative solutions to the business users.
Responsibilities of the Unified Communications Systems Administrator include:
- Support and maintain Microsoft O365 environment including, Hybrid Exchange, Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams, OneDrive for Business, SharePoint,
- Support and maintain Azure Active Directory environment, including Azure AD Conditional Access, Azure Identity Protection, Access Reviews, Access Packages and Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS).
- Support advanced functions of Office 365 including but not limited to the Security, Governance and Compliance centers (e.g., DLP, IRM, E-Discovery, In-Place Hold, Retention Tags, and Encryption).
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and resolve complex and software issues for Exchange, Teams, Office365 messaging and collaboration systems and client software.
- Develop monthly metrics / reports for operational review as required.
- Create technical solution documentation for support staff and end users.
- Create scripts and other automated processes to maximize operational efficiencies.
- Coordinate with business application owners, and internal/external IT functions (e.g. Server/Cloud Team, Network Team, Database Team, Security etc.) to implement, manage messaging and collaboration systems to meet corporate objectives.
- Recommend hardware or software changes needed to optimize messaging delivery systems deployments, configuration, or maintenance.
Requirements of the Unified Communications Systems Administrator:
- Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or 3-5 years related relevant experience
- At least 3-5 years of experience working with Exchange on-prem and/or O365
- Extensive PowerShell knowledge in creating and maintaining scripts
- Experience with implementation/configuration of Office 365 messaging and collaboration tools
- Experience working with end-users to define configuration of next-generation tools
- Core understanding of Active Directory and experience with Azure Active Directory, especially Azure Active Directory Connect
- Extensive Experience with Hybrid Active Directory Environment (Azure Active Directory and On-Premise)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Working in team-oriented, collaborative environments