Posted: Wed, 05 Jun 2019 15:20:47 -0400
Location: Malvern, PA
Job Type: Temp/Contract
Skill Set: Associate (3+yrs)
A job-seeker with experience in merchant services or payment services in Ecommerce or unattended retail is needed for an Underwriting Analyst position in Malvern, PA! As the Underwriting Analyst, you will primarily be responsible for reviewing and analyzing merchant application packages. This temporary-to-hire position offers $32 an hour.
Responsibilities of the Underwriting Analyst include:
- Evaluating new Merchants to determine processing acceptance
- Conducting KYC checks for business and/or personal authentication.
- Analyzing financial conditions of the Merchants business and authorized signer for loss prevention.
- Following company Underwriting policy
- Ensuring Bank and Association guidelines are followed
- Ensuring department SLA are met
- Communicating potential fraud and high-risk account alerts to appropriate areas
- Conducting periodic reviews of existing processing relationships to ensure accounts are maintained with current and accurate information, supportive financial conditions and consistent processing activity
- Evaluating processing limits and funding time change requests on existing processing relationships
- Developing and enhance current policies and procedures within department
- Ensuring senior management are contacted in a timely manner for any account concerns
- Evaluating business model on potential merchants for acceptance
- Updating management of underwriting pipeline and account status
- Providing continual evaluation of processes and procedures
- Suggesting methods to improve area operations, efficiency and service to both internal and external customers
Perks of Working with Our Client Company (for full-time employees):
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Competitive salaries
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Onsite gym
- 401K plan
- Discounts for childcare
- And the opportunity to travel/work at our global sites!
Requirements of the Underwriting Analyst:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in Bankcard and/or ACH underwriting
- Communicate effectively (written and verbally) with internal and external associates
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Must be able to adhere to and meet given task deadlines
- Must maintain a high level of accuracy in performance in a high-speed environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications
- Payment industry, underwriting and risk management, financial statements and determination of creditworthiness, basic Bank and Association rules
Contemporary Staffing Solutions (CSS) is a company that exudes unwavering results with urgency, honesty and integrity. CSS has been a leading provider of contract, temporary, temporary-hire & direct hire solutions. We began as a staffing agency and evolved to a national provider of workforce management solutions with a niche recruitment focus in Accounting & Finance, Call Center & Office, Human Resources, Sales & Marketing, Information Technology, Sales force We respect our clients and candidates equally while keeping the client’s best interest in mind. Everyone at CSS operates with pro-active pipelines and with the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, a team-oriented work flow, with real cross training. The CSS team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can manage your expectations. It’s what makes CSS great and, most importantly, FUN to work with!