Posted: Mon, 16 Mar 2020 11:59:19 -0400
Location: Mount Laurel, NJ
Job Type: Direct
Skill Set: Mid-Senior level (4-10 yrs)
One of the leading mortgage companies in the Mount Laurel, NJ area is looking for an experienced Underwriter to join its team! The Underwriter will be responsible for the underwriting of all loans in accordance with company and investor guidelines. This direct hire role starts at $85,000 annually!
Responsibilities of the Underwriter include:
- Ensures the timely underwriting of loan credit packages and appraisals for compliance with various investor and government agency guidelines.
- Contacts private investors and government agencies to resolve any issues or questions that may arise on loan files, programs, etc.
- Analyzes income from both personal and corporate tax returns.
- Communicates decisions on loans to appropriate parties both verbally and in writing.
- Analyzes loan packages for any sign of fraudulent documentation or information.
- Remains informed of all government regulations, requirements, and laws for both branch and broker submissions.
- Consults with the Processing and Closing departments to ensure that all underwriting conditions are met prior to closing.
- Reviews and clears all underwriting conditions prior to closing.
Requirements of the Underwriter:
- 5+ years of conventional front-line underwriting
- Knowledge of FHA Direct Endorsement and VA LAPP and SAR, USDA, and/or Jumbo required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of various investor guidelines and requirements
- Available to work a shift from 9 AM to 6 PM
Contemporary Staffing Solutions (CSS) has been a leading provider of contract, temporary, temporary-hire & direct hire solutions. Originally a staffing agency, we have evolved into a national provider of workforce management solutions with a niche recruitment focus in Accounting & Finance, Call Center & Office, Human Resources, Sales & Marketing, Information Technology, and Salesforce. We respect our clients and candidates equally while keeping the client’s best interest in mind. We operate with pro-active pipelines, with the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, a team-oriented workflow, and with real cross-training. The CSS team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can manage your expectations. It’s what makes CSS great and, most importantly, FUN to work with!