Posted: Tue, 17 Mar 2020 11:13:34 -0400
Location: Marlton, NJ
Job Type: Temp/Contract
Skill Set: Mid-Senior level (4-10 yrs)
Seeking a highly motivated individual to work with our Technical Support Center team in supporting our Core Platform areas. Provides technical support to users for complex computer related technical problems. Serves as the primary point of contact for users experiencing computer-related problems. Resolves technical problems in a call center/service desk environment. Uses expertise in customer service and technical knowledge gained from prior information technology experience to resolve issues surrounding installation, usage, and training on software and/or hardware products.
The ideal candidate is someone with strong customer service skills, a team-oriented mentality with a natural ability to fit into our dynamic culture. Advanced technical knowledge, combined with the ability to clearly communicate with the Associate and Management also required.
• Take incoming requests for support via phone, email, or walk-in, gather information from end user and create trouble ticket.
• Contact user for follow up to confirm resolution, gather additional information, or provide updated information using ticketing system.
• Contact external service providers to coordinate work activities as necessary.
• Is a point of escalation for Technical Support Analysts and First Flyers
• Serve as point of contact to internal and external customers through problem resolution
• Provide off-hours support as required to perform job functions and ensure service delivery
• Work with other IT departments and act as onsite troubleshooting resource for hardware and networking equipment
• Strong understanding and experience using of Virtual and Cloud Technologies (AWS, Azure, Vmware)
Support Center Reporting • Generate reports on daily basis – number of tickets opened/closed, current status of tickets, customer impacts, root cause analysis documents, and other reports as applicable.
Documentation • Identify gaps and assist in development and maintenance of Support Services and end user documentation* (SharePoint / Wiki / MS teams knowledge a plus)
• Modify and create knowledge base entries
Hardware/Software support and deployment • Install and configure desktops, laptops, and servers to specifications
• Perform ongoing upgrades and patches as required
• Evaluate out of date hardware and assist in preparation for disposal/donation
Security Awareness • Understanding of security impacts of end user requests and ensure adherence to company guidelines
General Job Functions • Assist in development of departmental policies and procedures
• Define and assist in deployment of Process Improvements
• Assist in continuous development of Support Services procedures
• Interacts with vendors, purchases or returns items and coordinates warranty issues in order to procure requested items and resolve service issues
• Identifies deficiencies; communicates and coordinates improvement efforts to increase Service Desk efficiency.
• Develops and continually updates training material for new and existing Service Desk staff.
• Maintains high level of technical skill in field of expertise.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• At least 5 years working experience in the IT field
• Solid Understanding of ITIL Frameworks
• Experience and knowledge with creating and abiding by Service Level Agreements (SLA) *
Knowledge of ITSM tools (BMC, Cherwell, LabTech)
• Experience with enterprise Systems Management tools such as BMC Client Management. Landesk or Microsoft SCCM is a plus.
• Technical Certifications; A+, MCSE, MCTS, MCITP, HDI, ITIL is a plus
• Current hands on experience in handling Phone based support activities for 1000+ user base
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent client service skills in a demanding, deadline-driven environment
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft operating systems, HP/Dell hardware and desktop & Enterprise based software
• Experience working with company applications, development policies, and procedures
• Experience working with company software and hardware products and related business issues that may impact overall business plans
Additional Skill Sets
• Mortgage or Finance Background (nice to have)
• Dell Hardware Experience
• Amazon Workspace (virtual desktop)
• Microsoft Multi-Factor Authentication
• Strong O365, Office 2016, Microsoft Outlook, Skype, Microsoft Teams
• Supporting Zero Clients
• BitLocker Encryption
• Cisco VPN Anyconnect client
• RSA Authentication Manager
• Interactive Client (i3) (nice to have)
• Group Policy / Active Directory Understanding
• Polycom desktop/conference phones (e.g. VVX 400, IP Sound station IP 7000)
• Must be able travel between two locations (10 minutes of each other)
• Application install experience with App development tools (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, Monarch)
• Printer Management (building print queues, configuring multi-function printers (e.g. Xerox, Ricoh, Savin)