Posted: Wed, 18 Mar 2020 14:55:57 -0400
Location: Allentown, PA
Job Type: Temp/Contract
Skill Set: Mid-Senior level (4-10 yrs)
Software Engineer – Integrations
You are a full stack developer who performs complex research, design, and software development assignments within a software functional area or product line, and provides direct input to project plans, schedules, and methodology in the development of cross functional software products focused on integrations. This position performs software design - typically across multiple systems; mentors junior members of the team; talks to users/customers/internal stakeholders and works with team members to translate their requests into solutions.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Deep experience in distributed microservices and full stack systems to create API solutions but not limited to – web services, FHIR, HL7 that help meet regulatory needs for the company and enabling front end B2B and B2C applications including chats and SMS.
• Interface with other technical personnel or team members to understand and finalize complex requirements, wireframes, design and architecture and deliver robust cloud-based solutions that drive powerful experiences to our customer.
• Assist in selecting development tools and integration platforms.
• Share your passion for staying on top of tech trends, experimenting with and learning new technologies, participating in internal & external technology communities, mentoring other members of the engineering team in addition to coding and evaluating code.
• Create thorough documentation for all code and libraries generated that adheres to documentation principles agreed upon by the entire development team.
• Troubleshoots and debugs code developed by themselves as well as other developers
• Implementation of proper data protection and storage, secure and performant solutions that adhere to defined standards.
• Successfully implement development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews and TDD/BDD.
• Operate in various development environments (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) while collaborating with key stakeholders.
• Train entry-level software engineers as directed by department management, ensuring they are knowledgeable in critical aspects of their roles.
• Work with cloud native stack, build on AWS/Azure, use technologies like Kubernetes/Dockers, CI/CD.
• Mentor less-senior software developers on development methodologies and optimization techniques.
• Keep abreast of new technology developments.
• All other duties as assigned.
Sitting for up to 7 hours per day, 4 hours at a time; standing for up to 7 hours per day, 4 hours at a time; walking for up to 2 hours a day, 1 hour at a time. Seeing as it relates to general, near, color, and peripheral vision. Hearing as it relates to normal and telephone conversations.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or equivalent required.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
• 8+ years of software development experience in a global hi-tech organization
• 5+ years of Full stack Software Development experience focused on API development and creating highly performant backend systems.
• Experience with Java 8+, Spring Framework suite of tools (MVC, Boot, Security), Open source frameworks, Jenkins, TDD using mock library, React programming
• Experience in Agile practices (Scrum/Kanban), JIRA, Confluence, Github/Bitbucket
• Experience in Databases (RDBMS, NoSQL/Graph database)
• Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and or Microsoft Azure
• Experience with Microservices Architecture/Patterns and OpenAPI
• Experience with best practices for implementations using Agile framework
• Excellent analytical and reporting skills.
• Strong communication and organizational skills.
• Familiarity with MS Office Products desirable
• Experience with Kafka/Kinesis, Spark and other AWS/Azure services desirable
• Healthcare experience desirable
• Experience with Epic interconnect or bridges certification desirable