Posted: Mon, 16 Mar 2020 16:53:38 -0400
Location: Allentown, PA
Job Type: Temp/Contract
Skill Set: Mid-Senior level (4-10 yrs)
Software Engineer – Contact Center
You are a full stack developer who performs complex research, design, and software development assignments within a software functional area or product line, and provides direct input to project plans, schedules, and methodology in the development of cross functional software products focused on Contact Center and integrations. This position performs software design - typically across multiple systems; mentors junior members of the team; talks to users/customers/internal stakeholders and works with team members to translate their requests into solutions.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Deep experience in distributed microservices and full stack systems to create API and integration solutions but not limited to – web services for the company and enabling B2B and B2C applications including chats, bots and SMS.
• Interface with other technical personnel or team members to understand and finalize complex requirements, wireframes, design and architecture and deliver robust cloud-based solutions that drive powerful experiences to our customer.
• Assist in selecting development tools and integration platforms.
• Share your passion for staying on top of tech trends, experimenting with and learning new technologies, participating in internal & external technology communities, mentoring other members of the engineering team in addition to coding and evaluating code.
• Create thorough documentation for all code and libraries generated that adheres to documentation principles agreed upon by the entire development team.
• Troubleshoots and debugs code developed by themselves as well as other developers
• Implementation of proper data protection and storage, secure and performant solutions that adhere to defined standards.
• Successfully implement development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews and TDD/BDD.
• Operate in various development environments (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) while collaborating with key stakeholders.
• Train entry-level software engineers as directed by department management, ensuring they are knowledgeable in critical aspects of their roles.
• Work with cloud native stack, build on AWS/Azure, use technologies like Kubernetes/Dockers, CI/CD.
• Mentor less-senior software developers on development methodologies and optimization techniques.
• Keep abreast of new technology developments.
• All other duties as assigned.
Sitting for up to 7 hours per day, 4 hours at a time; standing for up to 7 hours per day, 4 hours at a time; walking for up to 2 hours a day, 1 hour at a time. Seeing as it relates to general, near, color, and peripheral vision. Hearing as it relates to normal and telephone conversations.
Bachelor’s or Associate degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or equivalent required.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
• 8+ years of software development experience in a global hi-tech organization
• 5+ years of Full stack Software Engineer focused on open source technologies and JAVA stack
• Experience in Contact Center Technologies (voice, text, chat)
• 3+ years of experience integrating in CRM solutions (Dynamics 365 CE).
• 1+ years of experience developing voice and SMS applications focusing on Virtual Digital Assistant integrations
• 1+ years of experience working on any major cloud provider (AWS/Azure)
• Experience working within an environment with a startup culture using agile, lean, DevOps, and DataOps delivery practices and methodologies
• Experience in Agile practices (Scrum/Kanban), JIRA, Confluence, Github/Bitbucket • Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and or Microsoft Azure
• Strong communication skills.
• Experience with Genesys Pure Cloud Contact Center software
• Experience with Kafka/Kinesis, Spark and other AWS/Azure services
• Experience with Microservices Architecture/Patterns and OpenAPI
• Experience with MS Office suite
• Experience in Healthcare vertical
• Experience with EPIC interconnect and or bridges certification