Posted: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 09:26:45 -0400
Location: Allentown, PA
Job Type: Temp/Contract
Skill Set: Mid-Senior level (4-10 yrs)
Responsibilities of the Sr QA Android/iOS include:
- Performing all testing activities for initiatives across one or more assigned projects, utilizing processes, methods, metrics and software that ensure the quality, reliability and systems safety and security.
- Understanding the interfacing applications, test environments and our tools and methodologies.
- Test strategy formulation will include decomposing the business and technical requirements into test case scenarios, defining test data requirements, managing test case creation, devising contingencies plans and other preparation activities.
- Development of the test case execution plan, test case execution, managing issues, and status metrics.
- Working with a global team and responsible for directing/reviewing the test planning and execution work efforts of an offshore team.
- Communicating effectively with business units, IT Development, Project Management and other support staff on testing timelines, deliverables, status and other information.
- Assisting in the project quality reviews for your assigned applications
- Assessing risk to the project based on the execution and validation and making appropriate recommendations
- Ability to interpret quality audits, drive improvements and change, and facilitate test methodology discussions across the business unit
Requirements of the Sr QA Android/iOS:
- A college degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four plus years of experience with the following:
- System software testing
- Planning and coordinating test activities
- Overseeing test case development and defect resolution
- Minimum of one year experience with Mobile Browser and Mobile Native Application Testing and use of Mobile Cloud Platform (i.e, SeeTest)
- Proven experience in all aspects of scrum, functional, integration and regression testing
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills and excellent analytical skills
- Independent decision-making and good judgment
- Strong time, interpersonal and people skills
- Ability to operated comfortably in a multi-task / multi priority environment across a global team
- Experience with client server environments
- Proficient knowledge of the Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of Application Development Lifecycle and concepts
- 3+ years of experience in the following technical areas:
- Wweb technologies (e.g. HTTP, XML, HTML, etc.).
- Use of iOS and Android Simulators
- Development or test automation tools/frameworks (e.g. Cucumber/Gherkin, Selenium, Appium, SOAP-UI, HP ALM/QTP, JIRA, etc.).
- Platforms/OS/Servers (e.g. Windows Server, Linux/Unix, Apache, Tomcat, etc.).