Posted: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 09:08:24 -0400
Location: Wilmington, DE
Job Type: Direct
Skill Set: Mid-Senior level (4-10 yrs)
Sr. Software Developer
CSS Tec is currently seeking a Senior Software Developer for our client in Philadelphia, PA or Wilmington, DE. The Senior Software Developer will provide detailed technical design and development of new applications using existing and emerging technology platforms as well as maintain existing Java applications within the enterprise banking environment. The Senior Software Developer must be comfortable with both front and back end programming and will participate in projects from inception to final product. The Senior Software Developer will perform coding, testing and builds, design and develop reusable APIs, recommend changes to existing applications, and will produce, detailed technical documentation. The Senior Software Developer will be tasked with designing and developing integrations between the core systems, participate in code review sessions, and debug and resolve technical production issues. The Senior Software Developer will collaborate with team leads and architects in the specification of system architecture, while contributing to application architecture and database design. The Senior Software Developer must be passionate about technology and industry trends and as such evaluate and recommend tools, technologies, and processes to ensure the highest quality product platform.
The work schedule is a fill-time, 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm position, located at the Operations Center in North Wilmington, DE.
Requirements of the Sr. Software Developer:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or Software Engineering.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in the field of software design and application development utilizing Java technology stack. Prior banking/financial services experience highly preferred.
- Strong experience in one or more of the following frameworks: Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Spring Security, JPA, Hibernate.
- Strong experience in creating and consuming SOAP/Restful Web services using XML and JSON.
- Strong experience in Design Patterns, Object-Oriented Programming, multithreading, and SSL Security
- Experience in database design and development using Microsoft SQL or similar database
- Experience with CI/CD and DevOps tools like GitLab, Nexus, Docker containers, pipelines
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with building Microservices architecture highly preferred
- Experience building cloud native applications (Azure) highly preferred
- Experience with PWA and developing applications for mobile devices preferred
- Proven ability to successfully deliver high-quality, complex systems, independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong analytical/problem-solving skills
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must possess strong time management and organizational skills to be able to successfully deliver multiple projects simultaneously within slated timeframes
CSS Tec offers a range of IT professionals skilled in these roles: Salesforce Consulting/Administration, Project Managers, Scrum Masters, Cloud Architect, Developers (.NET & JAVA & Full Stack) Business Analysts, QAs, System Administrators, Network Engineers, Help Desk Agents, and Desktop Support Analysts. We specialize in Contract, Contract-to-Hire, Direct-Hire, and Project-based positions staffing nationally in the IT space. CSS helps organizations execute on key initiatives by delivering critical enterprise resources to complete projects, gain operational efficiencies, and drive customer success for our clients.
CSS works with our clients and candidates to communicate the opportunity being extended along with the experience required and approved by the client. In turn, the compensation is based on experience and the decision to extend an offer at a specific amount is determined by the hiring company, not CSS. We value the opportunity to represent you and are legally obligated does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.