Posted: Wed, 05 Jun 2019 14:57:21 -0400
Location: Phoenixville, PA
Industry: Accounting Finance
Job Type: Direct
Skill Set: Mid-Senior level (4-10 yrs)
Small Business Underwriter
Our client company is looking for a Small Business Underwriter for a direct-hire position in Phoenixville, PA. This role offers an annual salary starting at $85K.
Responsibilities of the Small Business Underwriter include:
- Underwrite small business loan requests.
- Analyze financial data related to new and renewal loan requests, including lines of credit, commercial real estate, and equipment financing loans.
- Present facts and offer opinions/recommendations concerning applicant’s creditworthiness using the loan origination system.
- Identify and escalate issues/observations as they arise.
- Provide feedback to the line of business and its risk controls ensuring consistency and compliance with risk management framework and policies.
- Lead system enhancements.
- Coach, mentor, and train other team members within the SBUG and serve as the Subject Matter Expert.
Requirements of the Small Business Underwriter:
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience working in Small Business Underwriting
- Experience using 2+ Small Business Application/Processing Systems
- Excellent computer skills and highly proficient in Microsoft Excel & Word
- Able to underwrite a minimum of 60 Small Business Loans per month.
- Previous experience in a lead or supervisory role helpful!
- Strong attention to detail and highly effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively build relationships with Bank’s Calling Officers and co-workers
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, ideally in accounting, finance, or business
- CPA helpful
Contemporary Staffing Solutions (CSS) has been a leading provider of contract, temporary, temporary-hire & direct hire solutions. Originally a staffing agency, we have evolved into a national provider of workforce management solutions with a niche recruitment focus in Accounting & Finance, Call Center & Office, Human Resources, Sales & Marketing, Information Technology, and Salesforce. We respect our clients and candidates equally while keeping the client’s best interest in mind. We operate with pro-active pipelines, with the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, a team-oriented work flow, and with real cross training. The CSS team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can manage your expectations. It’s what makes CSS great and, most importantly, FUN to work with!