Senior System Administrator
A knowledgeable IT job-seeker is needed for a Direct-hire Senior System Administrator position in Dover, DE!
Responsibilities of the Senior System Administrator include:
- Building and maintaining Client, Server (Physical/Virtual) and Disaster Recovery environments for the enterprise to ensure high availability of related services.
- Implementing and maintaining a systems business impact assessment to prioritize system recovery in the event of a failure.
- Training technical support staff on solving common systems-related problems
- Creating, and maintaining software standards for all computer systems
- Working within established configuration and changing management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes
- Establishing the server environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards for servers, operating systems and clients.
- Maximizing server performance by monitoring; troubleshooting incidents/problems and outages; scheduling upgrades.
- Liaising with vendors and other internal personnel for problem resolution and escalations.
- Reporting operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects
- Performing Service Delivery management, including Incident, Problem, Change, Release and Request
- Providing management related to System Administration and Data Center Environments
- Managing Engineering and Delivery projects
- Implementing, configuring, managing, documenting and monitoring the ESX Virtual Machine environment, Virtual/Physical servers, SAN storage, converged infrastructure and printers as required.
- Installing, configuring, administering, and maintaining all aspects of the Citrix environment.
- Managing and enabling Security and Web Access to published applications and content.
- Managing the administration of all server/client related software and hardware licensing.
- Managing, monitoring and maintaining the corporate servers (Anti Virus, MDM) infrastructure.
- Managing and maintaining AD, DNS, DHCP, GPOs and Distributed File System (DFS) environment.
- Creating Operating procedure and SOX required documentation.
- Managing Vendors to provide on-going support/maintenance and other aspects of the relationship such as services and hardware/software upgrades and new purchases.
- Maintaining disaster recovery plan and all elements of risk mitigation.
- Maintaining Datacenter operations (Primary and Co-Location).
Perks of Working with Our Client Company (for full-time employees):
- Named a Top Work Place for over 5 consecutive years
- Health, Dental, and Vision plans
- Life insurance
- 401K plans
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off and Volunteer opportunities
- Rewards and recognition programs
Requirements of the Senior System Administrator:
- Bachelor’s Degree in an IT related program or related area or 7 years of corporate experience in a similar position
- Deep understanding of server, storage, converged infrastructure, client and cloud based services. Microsoft and VMWare certifications a plus.
- Excellent working knowledge of: Windows Server 2008/2019, Red Hat Linux, Strong understanding of SAN technologies include vSAN, DELL hardware experience and working with iDRACs and open manager, Strong VMWare ESX Servers and Virtual Center 6.0, Exchange server and spam filters, Citrix Presentation Server / Citrix Access Gateway; Backup Software and Procedures (CommVault); MacAfee enterprise tool suite, Load balancing set up and configuration (Netscaler), Configuration Monitoring Software ; Website configuration and SSL certificate management. Solarwinds experience a plus..
- Can anticipate risks and mitigate in the moment and has great troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Dell Hardware and Software.
- Experience creating documentation for all levels of understanding.
- Ability to make decisions logically by using problem-solving and analytical/strategic thinking.
- Ability to support a large multi-user environment.
- Commitment to continuous development and continuing education.
- Strong attention to detail with regard to procedures and workflow.
- Understanding and experience of Service Management frameworks and delivery and Project Management processes and disciplines
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
CSS Tec is a business unit of Contemporary Staffing Solutions and a company that exudes unwavering results with urgency, honesty, and integrity. CSS Tec has been a leading provider of contract, contract-hire & direct hire solutions while also offering Project Management and implementations of Salesforce solutions. CSS Tec prides itself on internal retention, with the average recruiter’s tenure exceeding 5 years and some recruiters exceeding 15. CSS Tec is established in the Philadelphia Metro area & has a strong brand, incredible reach, & access to both active & passive candidates through well-established networks in the Greater Philadelphia area & nationally. Originally a staffing agency, we have evolved into a national provider of workforce management solutions with a niche recruitment focus in Information Technology &Salesforce. We respect our clients and candidates equally while keeping the client’s best interest in mind. We operate with pro-active pipelines, with the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, a team-oriented work flow, and with real cross training. The CSS Tec team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can manage your expectations. It’s what makes CSS great and, most importantly, FUN to work with!
CSS works with our clients and candidates to communicate the opportunity being extended along with the experience required and approved by the client. In turn, the compensation is based on experience and the decision to extend an offer at a specific amount is determined by the hiring company, not CSS. We value the opportunity to represent you and are legally obligated does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.