Messaging Groupware Admin
The Messaging Groupware Admin will play a major role within the Collaboration Technology team responsible for the overall design, implementation, and management of the Collaboration Environment. Key responsibilities will be maintaining the Microsoft Exchange Server environment, Skype for Business, Polycom Video Conferencing. This entails basic systems administration, operational support, and problem resolution as Tier 3 support. This position will help develop, communicates, and monitor the operational standards and procedures for Collaboration systems and will assist in monitoring system performance and capacity.
Responsibilities of the Messaging Groupware Admin include:
- Manages and coordinates the administrative activities required to support complex collaboration environment.
- Manages, coordinates and supports the administrative activities and operational support for large, complex Collaboration Systems and related components
- Responsible for the coordination of software installation and upgrades
- Monitors system performance and capacity
- Responsible for software installations, maintenance and support and related documentation
- Coordinates basic user administration (adds, changes, deletes and disk space management)
Requirements of the Messaging Groupware Admin:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science related discipline preferred
- At least 4 years of experience in Collaboration operations and administration
- Requires extensive knowledge of Powershell scripting, Office 365 and cloud technology
- Excellent documentation and presentation skills
- Self-Motivated, Innovative and a Team Player
- Proficient/Advanced knowledge with Exchange online & on premise.
- Experience with Enterprise Vault email archive or other archiving tools
- Experience with Fax server technologies
- Experience with Email gateway technologies.
- Experience with managing a high available Skype for business & Teams
- Experience with O365 and running Hybrid Exchange
- Advanced understanding of the SMTP and email protocols.
- Good understanding of EMS
- Proficient with PowerShell
CSS Tec offers a range of IT professionals skilled in these roles: Salesforce Consulting/Administration, Project Managers, Scrum Masters, Cloud Architect, Developers (.NET & JAVA & Full Stack) Business Analysts, QAs, System Administrators, Network Engineers, Help Desk Agents, and Desktop Support Analysts. We specialize in Contract, Contract-to-Hire, Direct-Hire, and Project-based positions staffing nationally in the IT space. CSS helps organizations execute on key initiatives by delivering critical enterprise resources to complete projects, gain operational efficiencies, and drive customer success for our clients.
CSS works with our clients and candidates to communicate the opportunity being extended along with the experience required and approved by the client. In turn, the compensation is based on experience and the decision to extend an offer at a specific amount is determined by the hiring company, not CSS. We value the opportunity to represent you and are legally obligated does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.