Posted: Tue, 24 Mar 2020 16:23:17 -0400
Location: West Chester, PA
Job Type: Direct
Skill Set: Associate (3+yrs)
Linux Systems Administrator
Our Client's reputation as a premier transportation and logistics provider is rooted in over 95 years of expertise in the Northeast, but it is our people that provide
the single, most important advantage to our customers. Our client currently has an opportunity for a full-time Systems Administrator offering top rates,
excellent benefits and outstanding job stability. The Systems Administrator administers systems, including hardware, software, storage and applications. Evaluate and installs patches and systems upgrades, and troubleshoots and resolves system related issue.
Responsibilities of the Linux Systems Administrator include:
- Plan, and install new software releases, system upgrades, evaluate and install patches and resolves software related problems.
- Research, evaluate and implement new server solutions.
- Introduce and integrate new technologies into existing data center environment.
- Windows domain and Email Server administration
- VMware administration
- Linux administration
- Perform system backups and recovery.
- Storage Array administration
- Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity.
- System performance tuning.
- Document systems configurations, policies and procedures.
- Perform routine audits of systems and software.
- Analyzing system logs and identifying potential issues with computer systems.
- Troubleshooting any reported problems.
Requirements of the Linux Systems Administrator:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience maintaining Linux in a business environment. Strong Linux administration skills are required.
- Experience administering Windows Server
- Experience with virtualization, VMware preferred
- Strong scripting skills in at least one of the following administrative languages - Shell, Python, Perl, or Powershell
- Experience with system performance tuning
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Solid understanding of LAN/WAN network technologies
- Customer and goal focused; needs to understand the importance of the systems to the business and can set client expectations appropriately.
- Ability to display strong sense of urgency and work with minimal supervision in a fast paced, dynamic, team oriented environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information technology or related degree, or equivalent years in relevant job experience.
- Trucking, transportation, distribution or manufacturing industry experience desirable, but not required
- Redhat experience strongly preferred.
- Certifications a plus