Posted: Wed, 01 Apr 2020 12:40:26 -0400
Location: Allentown, PA
Job Type: Temp/Contract
Skill Set: Mid-Senior level (4-10 yrs)
Lead Mobile Developer
The Lead Mobile Developer is responsible for providing software development and maintenance of mobile applications for Client. Development responsibilities include providing mobile application design guidance, architecting solutions that follow development standards and integrate with other systems, building software in a consistent manner to meet business requirements, and unit testing software components to ensure business requirements are fulfilled.
Responsibilities of the Lead Mobile Developer include:
- Provide strategy, design, and direction for medium to large scale software development initiatives, including existing system enhancements, new system code development, mobile initiatives, systems conversions, and other technical efforts requiring software development.
- Provide production support to assigned lines of business and applications which includes handling initiatives and small development requests, resolving issues and removing defects.
- Lead development efforts on projects overseeing the development efforts of one or more developers ensuring Client’s standards are followed and business requirements are fulfilled.
- Architect solutions that follow Client’s development standards and integrate with other systems.
- Participate in planning and prioritization sessions to understand scope and provide estimates for development.
- Unit test each software component to ensure business requirements are fulfilled.
- Assist with migration of code from the developer workstation to the test server.
- Resolve defects by priority and severity that are discovered during testing by assigned QA Analyst(s).
- Ensure the Client’s SDLC policies are followed and appropriately documented.
- Complete assignments in a timely and accurate manner and escalate any risks to Management proactively.
- Provide consistent and concise status reports as requested by Management.
- Mentor and train other developers on Client’s processes and applications.
- Provide other duties and functions as requested by Management.
Requirements of the Lead Mobile Developer:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Business-related field
- Experience with consumer facing apps, Swift, and Core Data
- Experience with Fastlane for continuous integration and deployment.
- Minimum of 5 years successful experience in software development delivering superior technical solutions to fulfill critical business initiatives in an Agile environment.
- Must have done full end to end, including deployment, in iTunes.
- Strong knowledge of iOS development technologies, including Swift, Objective C (desirable), and Cocoa Touch supporting universal apps.
- A working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, UI/UX, architectures, trends and emerging technologies and the willingness to learn new technologies as needed.
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines is desirable.
- Experience with analytics built in to apps, network calls, push notifications
- Unit testing experience is mandatory
- Experience with TestFlight and Crashlytics
- Additional experience should include how to apply development efforts to achieve business objectives and revenue goals.