Lead Backend Developer
A Lead Backend Developer is needed for a contract position in Allentown, PA.
Responsibilities of the Lead Backend include:
- Work with a small team of talented and driven polyglot engineers
- Build the backend infrastructure and APIs supporting our family of iOS, Android, and web applications
- Build and maintain systems supporting millions of active users
- Support and collaborate with multiple user-facing teams to develop reusable and scalable architectures and tools
- Provide mentorship and technical guidance to other engineers and also be open to learning from peers
- Promote responsible engineering practices (including automated unit and stress testing, engineering for data security, resiliency, scalability, etc.)
Requirements of the Lead Backend:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience to have developed solid fundamentals
- 6+ years of software development experience with a track record of delivering reliable and performant products that customers love
- Comfort working across multiple languages, storage systems, and frameworks
- Experience designing and implementing large, massively scalable, feature-rich APIs
- Understanding of relational data modeling, ORM, and database tuning
- Proficient with Node.js; experience with TypeScript is a plus
- Other optional languages include Go, Java, and Python
- Familiarity with data networking and cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP)
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, especially in complex systems
- Ability and interest in learning new technologies quickly
CSS Tec offers a range of IT professionals skilled in these roles: Salesforce Consulting/Administration, Project Managers, Scrum Masters, Cloud Architect, Developers (.NET & JAVA & Full Stack) Business Analysts, QAs, System Administrators, Network Engineers, Help Desk Agents, and Desktop Support Analysts. We specialize in Contract, Contract-to-Hire, Direct-Hire, and Project-based positions staffing nationally in the IT space. CSS helps organizations execute on key initiatives by delivering critical enterprise resources to complete projects, gain operational efficiencies, and drive customer success for our clients.
CSS works with our clients and candidates to communicate the opportunity being extended along with the experience required and approved by the client. In turn, the compensation is based on experience and the decision to extend an offer at a specific amount is determined by the hiring company, not CSS. We value the opportunity to represent you and are legally obligated does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.