Posted: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 09:40:15 -0400
Location: Allentown, PA
Job Type: Temp/Contract
Skill Set: Mid-Senior level (4-10 yrs)
You will join our Development team to assist in the design, build and delivery of the application stacks for a product teams in a cloud environment
- Identify and implement automation strategies in the SDLC process that enables high quality, faster delivery of new solutions to our business users.
- Participate in vendor software evaluations and integration strategies.
- Champion CI/CD agile practices across the team
- Create and maintain functional / technical design specifications and solutions to satisfy product requirements.
- Develop scalable infrastructure as code to meet the needs of our platforms using Terraform and Puppet/Chef to deliver high quality, operationally mature infrastructure
- Build and maintain the right cloud infrastructure architecture, balancing performance and resilience with cost.
- Monitor system and application performance and troubleshoot/ resolve escalated issues.
- Continually seek ways to optimize and improve all operational aspects of our IT solutions.
- Scoping of requirements and defining a delivery plan of infrastructure
- Be part of a high-performing Agile / Continuous Integration engineering practice.
- Bachelor’s or Associate degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or equivalent required.
- 8+ years of IT experience.
- 5+ years of experience working in a Software Engineering and/or DevOps role
- Ability to work within an agile team with good time management
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Terraform, Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
- Strong DevOps experience in implementing CI/CD Deployment for multiple software projects
- Hands-on experience with build and deployment automation using Jenkins (pipelines), Maven, Unix Shell Script and Python
- Experience using container technologies in a production environment (Docker, Kubernetes etc.)
- Experience with AWS and or Azure Infrastructure at scale
- Excellent Linux experience at scale
- Scripting skills (Python, Bash, Ruby, PowerShell)
- Large scale monitoring and reporting (Elastic stack, New Relic)
- Working as an extension of Dev teams to support Operational Requirements
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum/Kanban development methodology.
- Good Team player
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Experience working with databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL).
- Proficient with Git/GitHub/BitBucket.
- Experience with CI software.