Posted: Fri, 20 Mar 2020 10:08:07 -0400
Location: Mount Laurel, NJ
Industry: Office Call Center
Job Type: Direct
Skill Set: Entry level (0-2 yrs)
Jr. Underwriter's are needed in Mt. Laurel, NJ! This position offers an excellent training program with career advancement opportunities in mortgage banking underwriting. As a Jr. Underwriter, you will primarily be responsible for examining loan documentation for accuracy and completeness. This position offers $45,000/year!
Responsibilities of the Jr. Underwriter:
- Underwriting Conventional, FHA, VA and Special Program loans to verify for completeness, accuracy, and compliance.
- Developing and maintaining an up to date and sound knowledge of multiple loan product guidelines offered by the company, DU/LP guidelines, and risk assessment tools used to decision mortgage loans.
- Reworking loans to new terms, identifies additional conditions as needed to insure a viable credit decision.
- Reviewing and evaluates borrower(s) profile including but not limited to all income documentation, tax returns, credit reports, preliminary report, judgments, bankruptcy documents and appraisals.
- Analyzing and calculating income documentation.
- Exercising good judgment, conducting reasonableness tests and issuing quality decisions
- Determining accuracy and completeness of files; ensuring processes are consistent.
- Maintaining a sound knowledge of secondary market activity, practices, and business/industry practices as they impact underwriting quality and origination activity.
Perks of Working with Our Client Company (for full-time employees):
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401K plan with company match
- Casual dress code
- Free snacks and drinks
- And more!
Requirements of the Jr. Underwriter:
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A.) from four-year College or University, preferably degrees in business, accounting, economics, mathematics - other majors will be considered if the candidates have work experience with some type of financial service organization.
- Need to have GPA of 3.0 and a business, finance, accounting or economics degree.
- If other degree, need GPA of 3.5.
- Need to have graduated within the last 2 years (graduating this year ideal!)
- Must be detail oriented, critical thinker, have strong analytical skills, good communication skills and an excellent customer service orientation.
- Motivated, hardworking and self-starter.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, etc. Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Excellent problem resolution and consultative skills.
- Ability to prioritize and be organized.
- Stay current on mortgage and housing industry news and trends.
Contemporary Staffing Solutions (CSS) has been a leading provider of contract, temporary, temporary-hire & direct hire solutions. Originally a staffing agency, we have evolved into a national provider of workforce management solutions with a niche recruitment focus in Accounting & Finance, Call Center & Office, Human Resources, Sales & Marketing, Information Technology, and Salesforce. We respect our clients and candidates equally while keeping the client’s best interest in mind. We operate with pro-active pipelines, with the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, a team-oriented workflow, and with real cross-training. The CSS team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can manage your expectations. It’s what makes CSS great and, most importantly, FUN to work with!