IT Support Technician
A professional and friendly job-seeker is needed for a IT Support Technician position in Lansdale, PA!
As an IT Support Technician, you will join the Support Team, responsible for supporting our client’s employees in a Windows Enterprise environment. Also, you will join a team of technicians reporting to the Lead, Service Desk, and will serve as a key player in providing quality support for remote and local employees.
Responsibilities of the IT Support Technician include:
- Supporting remote sales force utilizing, standard Office applications and hardware including iPads, laptops, iPhones
- Solving incidents and requests within SLA’s or refer to other IT groups when necessary.
- Supporting and managing Desktops, laptops, mobile devices, printers, shared workstations, conference rooms, projectors and telephones, VPN, Terminal Services, Remote desktop connections, and Videoconferencing equipment.
- Building, configuring, maintaining, repairing and managing new and existing systems for employees.
- Deploying standard system images.
- Providing support for the resolution of virus attacks and spyware infestations and data encryption events.
- Performing typical phone and voice mail MAC including password resets, voice mail training for end users, hand set configuration and installations and other common requests.
- Performing standard cell phone administration functions, account maintenance, equipment provisioning and diagnosing equipment issues.
- Offering e-mail account administration tasks including account setup and maintenance, password resets, basic feature training, and archiving.
- Managing user accounts in Active Directory and other systems as required according to established policies and procedures.
- Performing basic backup tasks related to laptops and desktops
- Coordinating with various IT groups in resolving incidents and fulfilling requests based on established guidelines.
- Ensuring Service Level Agreement performance standards are met.
- Recommending and producing procedures and standards to improve the quality and delivery of service to customers.
- Generating customer facing documents. desk guides, training aids, quick reference guides and other aids to make customers self-sufficient.
- Becoming part of support structure within a Windows enterprise environment
- Following established procedures to independently manage customer interactions via walk ups, email, incoming phone calls and ticketing systems requests for service and support for staff.
- Solving incidents and requests or refer to other IT groups when necessary.
- Escalating incidents and requests as required to ensure quality service and resolution within established service targets.
- Ensuring that all interactions are documented via the electronic service request management software with clear technical descriptions of incidents,
- Maintaining IT equipment inventory. Performing necessary change of status transactions to reflect the addition, move or retirement of IT assets.
Requirements of the IT Support Technician:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science preferred
- 5+ years’ experience of supporting Windows Enterprise customers in a large-scale (300+ node) environment, MS Outlook, Calendaring, related Office applications, LAN/WAN clients, Wi-Fi devices, Audio/Visual devices and video conferencing
- Strong communications skill. Ability to clearly communicate with customers using appropriate non-technical explanations
- Experience using Service Desk tools (Service Now, etc.) and managing workload through ticketing tools
- Experience of Installing, configuring, troubleshooting and supporting Windows 10 and Windows 7
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 applications is required, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Experience of supporting VP or C –level staff
- Previous experience in regulated environments such as SOX, HIPAA and FDA
- Previous experience in Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology companies a plus
- Microsoft Certification credentials preferred
- Certifications in HP, Lenovo, HDI, A+, Network+
- ITIL certifications/training or equivalent experience is preferred
CSS Tec is a business unit of Contemporary Staffing Solutions and a company that exudes unwavering results with urgency, honesty, and integrity. CSS Tec has been a leading provider of contract, contract-hire & direct hire solutions while also offering Project Management and implementations of Salesforce solutions. CSS Tec prides itself on internal retention, with the average recruiter’s tenure exceeding 5 years and some recruiters exceeding 15. CSS Tec is established in the Philadelphia Metro area & has a strong brand, incredible reach, & access to both active & passive candidates through well-established networks in the Greater Philadelphia area & nationally. Originally a staffing agency, we have evolved into a national provider of workforce management solutions with a niche recruitment focus in Information Technology &Salesforce. We respect our clients and candidates equally while keeping the client’s best interest in mind. We operate with pro-active pipelines, with the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, a team-oriented work flow, and with real cross training. The CSS Tec team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can manage your expectations. It’s what makes CSS great and, most importantly, FUN to work with!
CSS works with our clients and candidates to communicate the opportunity being extended along with the experience required and approved by the client. In turn, the compensation is based on experience and the decision to extend an offer at a specific amount is determined by the hiring company, not CSS. We value the opportunity to represent you and are legally obligated does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.