Posted: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 09:54:10 -0400
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Job Type: Temp/Contract
Skill Set: Associate (3+yrs)
An educated job-seeker with experience in design is needed for an Instructional Designer position in Jacksonville, FL! As the Instructional Designer, you will primarily be responsible for conducting and completing the analysis, design, and development of learning solutions for supported business units under the company’s enterprise. This temporary-to-hire position offers $46 an hour.
Responsibilities of the Instructional Designer include:
- Leading partnership and is a liaison with stakeholders, defines and designs effective instructional strategies and learner assessments for high complexity multi component learning solutions and curriculum's. Able to complete work independently throughout the applicable development stage of the instructional design model being adopted.
- Understanding the features and capabilities of various virtual delivery modalities for the design and development of instructionally sound Instructor Led Training or Virtual Instructor Led Training.
- Leveraging established instructional design methodologies and processes to support formal, informal, and multi-media design that include industry best practice recommendations which take into account design, scope, budget, implementation timeline and technology platforms. Able to complete work independently including the communication, implementation and adoption of methodologies and best practices by the learning organization.
- Facilitating learning intervention through analysis of new or changed user tasks, through investigation of business processes, responsibilities, etc. due to new product/program/process releases, upgrades or updates.
- Conducting task/impact analysis using standard department techniques i.e. surveys, focus groups, interviews, etc. and provide performance improvement recommendations to learning management/leadership. Independently perform the above for highly complex performance improvement projects.
- Leading the design and development of knowledge and skill-based assessments (written and simulated) that align with learning knowledge and performance-based objectives. Develop instructionally sound knowledge, skill and job performance-based assessments with minimal guidance.
- Supporting the scoping, forecasting, planning and management of instructional design projects that encompass team members from all areas of the learning organization (Design, Delivery, Learning Ops, Implementation, and Evaluation). Able to perform duties independently on instructional design projects of highly intermediate levels of complexity.
- Partnering with Design Managers and peers to define and implement process improvements.
- Coaching and mentoring team members by evaluating the instructional soundness of the training design using post event evaluation and knowledge and knowledge and skill assessment data as basis for instructional feedback
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Perks of Working with Our Client Company (for full-time employees):
- Excellent health plans and HSAs
- Dental, Vision, and Life plans
- Paid Parental Leave
- Optional pet insurance
- 401K plan
- Paid Time Off and Volunteer time off
- On-site health facilities and even intramurals!
Requirements of the Instructional Designer:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3 years of directly related experience in Instructional Systems Design (5 preferred)
- Ability to independently design and develop instructionally sound blended formal and informal learning solutions specifically related to classroom Instruction-led Training and/or Virtual Instructor-led Training
- Experience with version 9 or higher of Adobe Captivate or other eLearning software
Contemporary Staffing Solutions (CSS) is a company that exudes unwavering results with urgency, honesty and integrity. CSS has been a leading provider of contract, temporary, temporary-hire & direct hire solutions. We began as a staffing agency and evolved to a national provider of workforce management solutions with a niche recruitment focus in Accounting & Finance, Call Center & Office, Human Resources, Sales & Marketing, Information Technology, Salesforce We respect our clients and candidates equally while keeping the client’s best interest in mind. Everyone at CSS operates with pro-active pipelines and with the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, a team-oriented work flow, with real cross training. The CSS team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can manage your expectations. It’s what makes CSS great and, most importantly, FUN to work with!