Information Security Engineer
The Information Security Engineer will have a passion for managing corporate security along with a desire to relentlessly champion best practices. This role is responsible for performing all functions required to support confidentiality, integrity and availability of Our Client's critical patient, employee and financial data, building, implementing and providing guidance on maintaining a broad suite of information security infrastructure, and accountable for security and networking infrastructure components, their availability and integrity. Facilitate the planning, coordination, design, and installation of security systems in support of security protocols and regulatory requirements. Work with Information Technology staff and business units to address risk and address security issues. Perform as a security team lead on collaborative teams providing superior technical expertise and Subject Matter Expertise (SME).
The intent of this job description is to provide a summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this position and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Responsibilities of the Information Security Engineer include:
- Install, Operate and Maintain security responsibilities, including firewalls, proxy systems, logging, and other security devices and appliances.
- Provide security expertise and security infrastructure expertise to the company.
- Facilitate new electronic data interchanges between other Healthcare firms. Assist in the enforcement and monitoring of Compliance regulations.
- Defines security requirements, based on the overall security strategy and reviews and implements systems to comply with established security standards.
- Develop new technology standards as necessary.
- Analyze business needs, researches and recommends technology solutions to ensure the security of the infrastructure and overall network.
- Establish and manage relations with vendors and related equipment suppliers.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein. This person is a member of the Top-Tier collaborative Team (Unified technology and security Architecture and OPS).
(In addition to the Job Specific essential functions, the following items must be included in the job descriptions as designated):
- Three or more years working as a senior analyst or team lead, and member of collaborative teams (infrastructure engineering, desktop support, server administration, field support).
- Working knowledge of web application firewalls, load balancers and proxies (BlueCoat).
- Experience with the design and configuration of a network DMZ.
- Demonstrated experience in computer security combined with risk analysis, audit, and compliance objectives.
- Experience working with information security practices, networks, software, and hardware.
- Experience with security scanning tools, specifically Nessus and Acunetix, Lansweeper, and others.
- Experience with Web and Application Vulnerability.
- Experience with endpoint management and security software such as Symantec, McAfee, Microsoft, and Firedog Anti-Virus, Anti-Malware, Encryption, HIPS, and others.
- Familiarity with blacklisting and whitelisting tools.
- Experience with Anti-SPAM/PHISHING, Email tools such as ProofPoint.
- Strong process oriented individual with experience in ITIL concepts.
- Project Management certification is a plus.
- Highly responsive and proven professionalism in communication, interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Strong skills implementing and configuring security components.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to maintain in depth knowledge of security and networking infrastructure utilized by the company including the management and reporting of each.