Posted: Mon, 15 Jul 2019 09:48:22 -0400
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Industry: Office Call Center
Job Type: Temp/Contract
Skill Set: Associate (3+yrs)
HR Payroll Processor
An organized and enthusiastic job-seeker is needed for an HR Payroll Systems Specialist position in Philadelphia, PA! As the Payroll Specialist, you will be responsible for assisting in the Human Resources department by ensuring that payroll, related operational systems, and services are maintained win a way that supports the department, company, and employee needs.
Responsibilities of the HR Payroll Processor include:
- Managing the full lifecycle of the payroll process.
- Creating and running timecard reports to ensure managers’ approval processes are complete for all relevant steps.
- Running and analyzing necessary payroll reports and distributing them to HR Department colleagues and intra-department colleagues as needed.
- Ensuring compliance with payroll tax assignments.
- Handling federal, state, and local wage taxes.
- Understanding PAY Act 32 issues and LST.
- Monitoring employee status changes that have tax implications.
- Troubleshooting tax issues with Payroll/HRIS vendor filing the taxes.
- Understanding quarter/year-end implications to changes or issues impacting taxes.
- Ensuring payroll file and document retention comply with payroll procedures.
- Ensuring employee documentation is provided to Sr. HR Coordinator for employee files.
- Reconciling payroll against prior payroll to assess changes made.
- Acting as primary point of contact on payroll issues for employees and vendor and respond in a timely manner.
- Processing manual checks when necessary.
- Handling year-end preparation, reviewing, reconciling, and distributing employee W2s, quarterly ACA reporting review, and printing quarter end tax reports.
- Providing requested supporting documents for audit requests.
- Reconciling, auditing and ensuring completion of bi-weekly 401k, FSA, HSA distributions, whether through vendor portals or carrier links.
- Reconciling benefit related invoices for accuracy.
- Ensuring corrections and updates are processed for premium adjustments/credits.
- Understanding benefits packages to answer benefits questions
- Working with HR Administrator to resolve benefits problems and issues
- Leading implementation of any new carrier files to be set up
- Ensuring enrollment portal is accurately maintained and updated.
- Auditing deduction changes for accuracy in employee payroll file
- Assisting in creation, maintenance, organization and delivery of reports that benefits the department and our business partners within the bank. Including but not limited to benefit costs, compensation and budget planning, and backing up other HR team member reporting responsibilities as needed.
- Completing mandatory reporting such as Bureau of Labor Statistics, Department of Labor, etc., independent salary surveys that the bank may choose to participate in.
- Taking on other duties as assigned.
Perks of Working with Our Client Company (for full-time employees):
- Health and Dental insurance
- 401K plan
- Opportunities for remote work
- Vacation and Paid Time Off (with accrual!)
- Paid holidays
- And more!
Requirements of the HR Payroll Specialist:
- High school diploma/GED (Bachelors degree preferred)
- Minimum 5 years’ payroll experience with 2 years’ benefits operations experience with a 300 or more employee sized employer
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong experience with payroll processing in a HRIS system (Paylocity or Ultipro experience preferred)
- Strong analytical, organizational, prioritizing, multitasking, and problem solving skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
Contemporary Staffing Solutions (CSS) is a company that exudes unwavering results with urgency, honesty and integrity. CSS has been a leading provider of contract, temporary, temporary-hire & direct hire solutions. We began as a staffing agency and evolved to a national provider of workforce management solutions with a niche recruitment focus in Accounting & Finance, Call Center & Office, Human Resources, Sales & Marketing, Information Technology, and Salesforce. We respect our clients and candidates equally while keeping the client’s best interest in mind. Everyone at CSS operates with pro-active pipelines and with the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, a team-oriented work flow, with real cross training. The CSS team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can manage your expectations. It’s what makes CSS great and, most importantly, FUN to work with!