Posted: Thu, 04 Apr 2019 11:34:32 -0400
Location: West Chester, PA
Job Type: Direct
Required Years of Experience: 10+
Skill Set: Director (10-14 yrs)
A strong leader with an in-depth background in computer engineering is currently needed for a Direct-Hire Director of Database Engineering position in West Chester, PA. As the Director, you will be responsible for overseeing the Databases Platform teams and ensuring optimal platform operations.
Responsibilities of the Director include:
- Creating Database Platform policies, processes, and procedures.
- Establishing and monitoring key performance indicators and service level objectives to optimize Database Platform performance and overseeing changes/upgrades to platforms.
- Reviewing the performance and capacity of Database Platforms to manage the optimization of operating costs, improve operational efficiency, and other functions.
- Conducting database disaster recovery and data replication tasks, including planning, documentation, implementation, and failover testing.
- Developing and leading a team, conducting all employee performance-related activities, and ensuring the team works well together.
- Supporting the project team to ensure their success, including removing roadblocks and helping them to navigate the organization and grow within it.
- Identifying the need for additional funding/resources based on scope changes.
- Managing and resolving client issues, including competing demands, sensitive situations, and conflicts within their organization or with other teams.
- Building and maintaining key partnerships and alignment across application development and infrastructure teams to provide the most optimal DB performance.
- Developing and managing the department budget.
- Performing other duties as needed.
Perks of Working with Our Client Company (for full-time employees):
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Mental health counseling
- Tuition Assistance
- 401K Plan with company match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Vacation, Paid Time Off, Holidays, and Sick Days
- Employee Discounts
- Company Social Events
- Opportunities for career development
- Strategic thought leadership
- Strong collaboration and synthesis skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Retail/Ecommerce experience is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree (in Computer Science or Engineering preferred)
- Minimum 10 years’ relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability of building quick alignment, driving to decisions, influencing without positional power, and collaborating to produce improved outcomes
Contemporary Staffing Solutions (CSS) is a company that exudes unwavering results with urgency, honesty and integrity. CSS has been a leading provider of contract, temporary, temporary-hire & direct hire solutions. We began as a staffing agency and evolved to a national provider of workforce management solutions with a niche recruitment focus in Accounting & Finance, Call Center & Office, Human Resources, Sales & Marketing, Information Technology, and Salesforce. We respect our clients and candidates equally while keeping the client’s best interest in mind. Everyone at CSS operates with pro-active pipelines and with the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, a team-oriented work flow, with real cross training. The CSS team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can manage your expectations. It’s what makes CSS great and, most importantly, FUN to work with!