Digital Business Analyst
This position is located at our client's corporate office in Philadelphia, PA.
Direct Hire, must be eligible for hire in the US, no sponsorship is available.
The Business Analyst will be primarily responsible for gathering business requirements, following through the life cycle of the new feature, defect fixes, and enhancement requests from idea to actionable user stories ready for the developers to build solutions. The resource will be the liaison between business, the IT development, QA, and deployment teams all through the execution of the project. As we follow Agile development methodology, the resource will be participating in scrum meetings, backlog grooming, ticket prioritization, and ensuring the projects, enhancements, issues, etc. are clearly defined for all user groups. The Business Analyst is ultimately responsible for ensuring projects and enhancements are documented clearly into a Business Requirement Document (BRD) and expose any potential risks to all parties involved to ensure the projected is carried out successfully.
Responsibilities of the Digital Business Analyst include:
- Business case analysis for the requirements involving cost, benefit, risks and impact
- Independently managing assignments / projects – Understand what is needed, resource Coordination, tracking the work items and reporting out
- Works well with Business Users and understand the functionality they need and document them as User stories with the right description and acceptance criteria
- Manage the User stories backlog through grooming, prioritization, assignment and lifecycle management of the user stories to get it successfully closed
- Communicate clearly with technical team to convert the business requirements into high level functional design leading to technical design and development
- Manage various tasks related to fulfilling the user story and track for their completion and acceptance through user demos and testing
- Work with QA team to contribute to test plan, test cases, Traceability Matrix and assist in test execution
- Analyze the reported issues / defects, works with the broader teams to come up with impacts, workarounds and add them to the Product backlog as necessary for closure
- Presentation skills – Creating high quality documents in Word, PowerPoint and Excel, Ability to present it well and follow through with the notes and updates
- Able to handle multiple work assignments and work effectively under pressure with sense of urgency. Any previous work experience being a bridge between business and Technical teams will be nice.
- Create documentation that all parties can read and utilize (both Business and Technology) as an outcome of the meeting notes, requirements and design sessions