Posted: Tue, 24 Mar 2020 09:28:20 -0400
Location: West Chester, PA
Job Type: Direct
Skill Set: Mid-Senior level (4-10 yrs)
DevOps Solutions Architect
The IT Platforms team is part of the overall IT Strategy & Enterprise Architecture group and provides global enterprise services that designs, enables and manages the DevOps Framework. The DevOps Delivery framework is central to the continued DevOps & DevSecOps goals of "client". As a member of the team, you will have the opportunity to be deeply connected with the evolving trends and capabilities of the DevOps industry. You will get to work on cutting edge technologies like Kubernetes, Docker, On-prem/Cloud and will help design and build a common platform for our development and infrastructure teams. Good understanding of networking, security, DNS, Linux, databases, proxies and protocols preferred. You will also help evangelize and train the rest of the company on DevOps process and tools. You will be an integral member of a highly collaborative Agile team chartered with DevOps, DevSecOps and Cloud initiatives at "client".
- Define & Design the DevOps Transformation Journey for the enterprise
- Provide technical leadership to a global team of DevOps engineers in a highly agile DevOps environment, focused on developer productivity, efficient operation of daily activities, continuous improvement for monitoring, automation and tools development
- Design, build and contribute to a world class continuous delivery practice for our entire software and data pipeline development including publishing, deployment lifecycle process
- Work closely with the engineering and product leadership team to architect solid design and approach to operations in a largescale data environment
- Key contributor in the development of tools, frameworks and techniques to improve developers and operations productivity and quality
- Be able to maintain and develop strong relationships with Application Development and DevOps leadership team
- Maintain the tools stack and components of the DevOps platform including Mesosphere DC/OS, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Terraform.
- Define governance & KPIs
- Build out Infrastructure as Code (IaC) in Terraform, system images in Packer and application images in Docker
- Coordinate with partners SDLC teams, including Solution Architecture, Development, Quality Engineering, Release Engineering, Product Management, and Program management
- Show proven depth and breadth of knowledge of the design and use of application development tools and techniques
- Employ engineering mindset to develop a controlled and consistent repeatable process
- Identify opportunities to reduce time to delivery, rework and total cost of ownership while improving the functional and non-functional quality of deployed assets
- Provides technical leadership to application development project teams defining approaches, tools and methodologies to be used, and/or leads teams to complete projects, if a project manager has not been assigned.
- Participates in planning for the future applications architecture, providing insight from their area(s) of expertise.
- Participates in or leads the development of roadmaps related to their area(s) of expertise.
- Plays a lead role in feasibility analysis for new initiatives.
- Performs design reviews to make sure that the implementation aligns with architectural plans and roadmaps.
- Contributes to strategic technology planning, including proposed cost implications.
- Develops and proposes technology solutions and designs architectural roadmaps, leading the process from idea solicitation, evaluation, and compilation to conceptual design and documenting effectively.
- Balances and negotiates the needs of multiple users and communicates the business advantages of various technical and architectural solutions.
- Acts as the primary technical advisor to the DevOps teams, providing technical expertise.
- Analyzes vendor proposals and evaluates build versus buy considerations, with minimal support.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in Applications Development or Infrastructure Engineering and a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of experience in software applications development or Infrastructure Engineering
- 3-5 years of experience in DevOps Implementations
- 2-3 years Cloud Experience -AWS/Azure/GCP
- 2-3 years of experience in Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience building out Continuous Delivery pipelines for automating the execution of builds, automated test suites and deployments into staging & production environments
- Prior experience working with micro-services, cloud-native applications and distributed system
- Ability to build and implement Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) framework
- Experience creating CI/CD for applications in Angular, Node, Java micro-services
- Experience in building container platforms like Docker, Kubernetes, and similar other technologies
- Extensive experience using scripting languages such as Shell scripting, Groovy, Gradle, Python, Perl
- Experience with Puppet (preferred), Chef or Ansible
- Management of continuous integration tools like Jenkins (preferred), Bamboo, TeamCity
- Experience in the design & configuration of test automation tools (i.e. selenium, cucumber, Jmeter, etc.)
- Possess strong automation skills (tools agnostic) and work with the DevOps Engineering team to drive initiatives to automate processes
- Perform analysis best practices and emerging concepts in DevOps, Infrastructure Automation, and Enterprise Security;
- Work with applications development engineering teams and operations team to ensure systems are secure, scalable and reliable
- Configuration management solutions to meet the needs of application deployment and management
- Own and lead initiatives to define, design, and implement DevOps solutions which includes reference architectures, estimates,and costing
- Keep current with industry technologies and trends and understand the appropriateness for the application and timing of those technologies
- Serve as a systems and automation evangelist providing thought leadership, participating in conferences, authoring white papers, etc.;
- Have a sound understanding of key architectural issues and patterns and how they should be factored into decisions and recommendations.
- Create technical documentation.
- Strong operational experience in Linux/Unix environment and scripting languages: Shell, Perl, Python
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of application development processes and development methods and tools and their appropriate use, serving as a resource to others.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of the current and future applications architecture, including the inter-operability of systems and technologies, and factors this into decisions and recommendations.
- Expert in open source and cutting edge DevOps technology tool chain: Containers -DockerHub, Mesos, DockerRegistry, Puppet, Jenkins, Splunk, Dynatrace, Elastic Search, Kibana, TestNG, Maven, BitBucket, Confluence, Jira, Selenium, Postman, Newman, JMeter, Gatling, Appium, Junit, NUnit, Cucumber, Git, Team Foundation Server (TFS), Xamarin