Contemporary Staffing Solutions is seeking several experienced DE Underwriters for Direct Hire opportunities! These positions are remote, so applicants must have the capability to work remotely with internet.
As a member of the DE Underwriting team, you will be responsible for underwriting residential loans for the Call Center Retail department ensuring compliance with appropriate company, secondary market investor standards and all applicable laws. The DE Underwriter will be responsible for examining loan documentation for accuracy and completeness. Must be able to underwrite loans within the company and industry guidelines. The DE Underwriter will also be working with Loan Officers and Processors to secure all required documents.
Responsibilities of the DE Underwriters include:
- Underwrites FHA loans to verify for completeness, accuracy, and compliance
- Develops and maintains an up to date and sound knowledge of multiple loan product guidelines offered by the company, DU/LP guidelines, and risk assessment tools used to decision mortgage loans
- Reworks loans to new terms, identifies additional conditions as needed to insure a viable credit decision
- Reviews and evaluates borrower(s) profile including but not limited to all income documentation, tax returns, credit reports, preliminary report, judgments, bankruptcy documents and appraisals
- Analyzes and calculates income documentation such as personal and business income statements and ensures all necessary documentation is requested to support final loan decisions
- Exercises good judgment, conducts reasonableness tests and issues quality decisions
- Determines accuracy and completeness of files; ensures processes are consistent
- Demonstrates proficiency in automated underwriting systems (DU, LP)
- Maintains a sound knowledge of secondary market activity, practices, and business/industry practices as they impact underwriting quality and origination activity
- Maintains pre-established service level standard of decisions within a time frame set by the company
- Communicates regularly with sales team, processors and management
- Assists in the preparation of repurchase responses and/or rebuttal reviews
- Ability to function in a fast-paced ever-changing environment.