Posted: Mon, 23 Mar 2020 10:47:39 -0400
Job Type: Direct
Skill Set: Associate (3+yrs)
DE Certified Underwriter
Underwriters with an active DE Certification are needed to work remotely for a Direct Hire position! The Underwriter will primarily be responsible for examining loan documentation for accuracy and completeness.
Responsibilities of the DE Underwriter:
- Underwriting FHA loans to verify for completeness, accuracy, and compliance
- Developing and maintaining an up to date and sound knowledge of multiple loan product guidelines offered by the company, DU/LP guidelines, and risk assessment tools used to decision mortgage loans
- Reworking loans to new terms, identifies additional conditions as needed to insure a viable credit decision
- Reviewing and evaluating borrower(s) profile including but not limited to all income documentation, tax returns, credit reports, preliminary report, judgments, bankruptcy documents and appraisals
- Exercising good judgment, conducts reasonableness tests and issues quality decisions
- Demonstrating proficiency in automated underwriting systems (DU, LP)
- Maintains a sound knowledge of secondary market activity, practices, and business/industry practices as they impact underwriting quality and origination activity
- Communicates regularly with sales team, processors and management
- Assists in the preparation of repurchase responses and/or rebuttal reviews
Perks of Working with Our Client Company (for full-time employees):
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401K plan with company match
- Casual dress code
- Free snacks and drinks
- And more!
Requirements of the Underwriter:
- Must have active DE Certification.
- SAR/VA Underwriting is a huge plus.
- FHA underwriting is a plus.
- Must have the ability to work remote with internet, etc.
- All equipment will be provided and sent to the candidate directly!
Contemporary Staffing Solutions (CSS) has been a leading provider of contract, temporary, temporary-hire & direct hire solutions. Originally a staffing agency, we have evolved into a national provider of workforce management solutions with a niche recruitment focus in Accounting & Finance, Call Center & Office, Human Resources, Sales & Marketing, Information Technology, and Salesforce. We respect our clients and candidates equally while keeping the client’s best interest in mind. We operate with pro-active pipelines, with the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, a team-oriented workflow, and with real cross-training. The CSS team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can manage your expectations. It’s what makes CSS great and, most importantly, FUN to work with!