DBA Production Support Analyst
A professional and experienced job-seeker is needed for a DBA Production Support Analyst position in Wilmington, DE! As a DBA Production Support Analyst, you will support and optimize the on-premise and Azure production SQL servers as well as deploy and support all business and customer applications and troubleshoot user and system issues.
Responsibilities of the DBA Production Support Analyst include:
- Creating and running SQL server scripts, jobs and stored procedures to support production users and resolve issues
- Creating and maintaining reports using Crystal Reports and SSRS
- Monitoring and maintaining SQL server replication
- Maintaining in SQL server permissions
- Managing, prioritizing, and resolving issues and work requests through our ticketing system
- Providing production support and triaging issues in a timely manner
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
- Detecting and troubleshooting SQL Server related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resource contention
- Preparing data security compliance reports
- Reviewing and approving application and database releases prior to deployment to production and coordinate and perform production application and database deployments
- Setting up users and assisting third party engineers with the management of windows active directory
- Assisting third party network engineers in resolving network, pc and phone issues, configuring hardware, phones and other devices and implementing data security
- Assisting third party network engineers with disaster recovery tests
- Assisting third party network engineers in supporting the Azure environment
- Working with business to gather new project and development requirements
- Proactively identifying opportunities for system and process improvements.
- Recommending solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, data back-up, and recovery specifications
- Maintaining database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters; implementing new releases; completing maintenance requirements
- Evaluating computer operating systems and hardware products
- Managing and monitoring database backups and restores
- Delivering all tasks on-time with quality
- Providing tactical solutions on priority issues/requirements
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies
- Monitoring the deployment of OS/Network patches
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Perks of Working with Our Client Company (for full-time employees):
- Healthcare insurance
- Disability insurance
- 401K with
- Vacation and Paid Time Off
- And more!
Requirements of the DBA Production Support Analyst:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or closely related field.
- 3+ years relevant experience with Undergraduate Degree.
- 4+ years of experience writing queries, stored procedures, debugging application and database issues in Microsoft SQL Server 2014-2017
- 3+ years of database management.
- 3+ years of experience with reporting tools like Crystal Reports or SSRS.
- 2+ years maintaining existing applications built in .Net and SQL Server (production support)
- Experience ‘Manually’ debugging of web base apps that have been in production (a plus)
- Knowledge of Networking concepts preferred
- Knowledge of SQL Server tools ( Profiler, DTA, SSMS, SAC, SSCM, PerfMon, DMVs, system stored procedures) preferred
- A proactive approach to problem solving, taking ownership of issues and having the determination to follow things through preferred
- Excellent prioritization and time management preferred
- Ability to balance multiple time-critical tasks at the same time preferred
- Ability to present and absorb complex ideas quickly and accurately preferred
- Have an open attitude towards sharing ideas and knowledge and receiving constructive feedback preferred
- Knowledge of windows server, security delegation, SPNs, storage components preferred
- Knowledge of VMware or virtual servers preferred
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret company policies and procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, coworkers, vendors. Good oral and written communication skills.
- Algebra: ability to manipulate and solve equations.
- Knowledge of business calculus and statistics.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to outline a programming solution generically as an algorithm. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of policies and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of network hardware and technology and server and PC operating systems and a knowledge of Microsoft Word; Microsoft Excel.
CSS Tec is a business unit of Contemporary Staffing Solutions and a company that exudes unwavering results with urgency, honesty, and integrity. CSS Tec has been a leading provider of contract, contract-hire & direct hire solutions while also offering Project Management and implementations of Salesforce solutions. CSS Tec prides itself on internal retention, with the average recruiter’s tenure exceeding 5 years and some recruiters exceeding 15. CSS Tec is established in the Philadelphia Metro area & has a strong brand, incredible reach, & access to both active & passive candidates through well-established networks in the Greater Philadelphia area & nationally. Originally a staffing agency, we have evolved into a national provider of workforce management solutions with a niche recruitment focus in Information Technology &Salesforce. We respect our clients and candidates equally while keeping the client’s best interest in mind. We operate with pro-active pipelines, with the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, a team-oriented work flow, and with real cross training. The CSS Tec team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can manage your expectations. It’s what makes CSS great and, most importantly, FUN to work with!
CSS works with our clients and candidates to communicate the opportunity being extended along with the experience required and approved by the client. In turn, the compensation is based on experience and the decision to extend an offer at a specific amount is determined by the hiring company, not CSS. We value the opportunity to represent you and are legally obligated does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.