The Data Engineer assists in the development and testing of applications, provides technical direction to junior programmers, and assists with other assigned duties. The Lead Developer is proficient at technical-requirements analysis, software development, debugging, troubleshooting, testing, and release management of an application.
Responsibilities of the Data Engineer include:
- Provides senior developer leadership and guidance to development teams in support of TI strategic and tactical projects.
- Actively supports backlog grooming and sprint planning. Uses knowledge of the business to identify relationships between tasks and projects to help prioritize tickets for team.
- Assists Service Desk with in-depth troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Makes application design decisions that are user-focused and consistent with architectural principles.
- Conforms to coding standards.
- Looks for ways to write smart and reusable code, reducing overhead, application bloat and technical debt.
- Develops/maintains, tests, and implements software applications with little to no supervision and helps others within the team.
- Provides consistent and appropriate feedback during code reviews. Makes sure the solution meets the requirements and user story objectives.
- Develops user documentation and training materials, in business language, and provides user training for the applications as needed.
- Champions team members in all sprint activities to organize, manage and improve their own work.
- Creates proof-of-concept and foundational software components that teams can build upon when developing application features.
- Ensures that DevOps processes and artifacts are up to date and can support the team development pipeline.
- Consistently and effectively promotes code to production (Code Captain). Directs developers as needed to resolve merge conflicts and other release management process issues.
- Participate in onboarding and training new staff.
Requirements of the Data Engineer:
- Bachelor's degree in computer systems design or computer science.
- Knowledge of full SDLC and five plus years of computer programming experience.
- Two to four years leading software implementations.
- Experience working with Amazon webservices.
- Knowledge of code management and tracking best practices is required. Skillshet should include Git, JIRA, BitBucket (or other code repo tool).
- Experience working effectively in either a Windows or Linux environment required
- Experience with DevOps tools and processes, such as Salt, Ansible, Python a plus
- Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication, as well as listening, presentation and interpersonal skills. Ability to work well with staff at all levels of the organization.
- Leadership: Can adapt to take on new technical tasks, demonstrates strong problem solving and decision making skills, and can prioritize tasks to benefit the team and project.
- Team-oriented: Ability to motivate, coach and mentor team members. Ability to collaborate with stakeholders to manage backlogs and achieve business goals.
- Time-management. Uses good judgment in escalating tasks in danger of becoming overdue to deliver promised sprint results.
- Works Independently. Ability to follow through on task with little to no supervision.
- Decision Making and Judgement: Ability to exercise independent judgment in planning, organizing and performing system analyst tasks.
- Time Management and Prioritization: Ability to prioritize and work multiple simultaneous projects, and to adjust task priorities to align with emerging business needs. Frequently under deadlines and pressure.
- Strive to reflect our five cultural values in all efforts: Put the Customer First, Do What You Say, Work Together, Be Innovative and Do the Right Thing. #LI-JK1
CSS Tec offers a range of IT professionals skilled in these roles: Salesforce Consulting/Administration, Project Managers, Scrum Masters, Cloud Architect, Developers (.NET & JAVA & Full Stack) Business Analysts, QAs, System Administrators, Network Engineers, Help Desk Agents, and Desktop Support Analysts. We specialize in Contract, Contract-to-Hire, Direct-Hire, and Project-based positions staffing nationally in the IT space. CSS helps organizations execute on key initiatives by delivering critical enterprise resources to complete projects, gain operational efficiencies, and drive customer success for our clients.
CSS works with our clients and candidates to communicate the opportunity being extended along with the experience required and approved by the client. In turn, the compensation is based on experience and the decision to extend an offer at a specific amount is determined by the hiring company, not CSS. We value the opportunity to represent you and are legally obligated does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.