Posted: Mon, 15 Jul 2019 11:11:23 -0400
Location: Trevose, PA
Industry: Accounting Finance
Job Type: Direct
Skill Set: Mid-Senior level (4-10 yrs)
A Controller is currently needed for a Direct-Hire position in Trevose, PA!
Responsibilities of the Controller include:
- Overseeing accounting department operations, including the design of an organizational structure for achieving the department goals/objectives.
- Managing the production of the annual budget and forecasts.
- Calculating variances from the budget and prior year and report significant issues to management.
- Providing for a system of management cost reports.
- Maintaining a system of controls over accounting transactions.
- Ensuring periodic bank reconciliations are completed.
- Maintaining a chart of accounts.
- Coordinating/providing all information to the external auditors for the annual audit.
- Monitoring debt levels and compliance with debt covenants.
- Producing a cash forecast model.
- Preparing customer profitability analysis.
- Complying with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and with multiple state tax filings.
- Identifying/implementing improvements and efficiencies in reporting financial data.
- Maintaining accurate G/L and cost center entries.
- Preparing all G/L account reconciliations in a timely and accurate manner.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Requirements of the Controller:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- Minimum 6 years of accounting experience with 4 years in a supervisory role (or equivalent experience)
- Advanced working knowledge of accounting software and Microsoft Word and Excel (NetSuite preferred)
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong multitasking and organizational skills
Contemporary Staffing Solutions (CSS) has been a leading provider of contract, temporary, temporary-hire & direct hire solutions. Originally a staffing agency, we have evolved into a national provider of workforce management solutions with a niche recruitment focus in Accounting & Finance, Call Center & Office, Human Resources, Sales & Marketing, Information Technology, and Salesforce. We respect our clients and candidates equally while keeping the client’s best interest in mind. We operate with pro-active pipelines, with the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, a team-oriented work flow, and with real cross training. The CSS team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can manage your expectations. It’s what makes CSS great and, most importantly, FUN to work with!