Posted: Tue, 12 Feb 2019 15:01:58 -0500
Location: Exton, PA
Job Type: Direct
Skill Set: Director (10-14 yrs)
A highly experienced Cloud Architect is needed for a Direct-Hire role in Exton, PA! This position offers an annual salary of about $165K, depending on experience.
Our client company is a retail leader and e-commerce giant. Their mission is to create lifetime fans through their dedication to quality, cost, and convenience.
Responsibilities of the Cloud Architect include:
- Defining/developing a multi-cloud framework that aligns with the company's Cloud Strategies, business objectives, and help support different Cloud deployments/solutions/migrations.
- Leading the design and engineering for different types of workloads and applications in a hybrid multi-cloud environment.
- Leading the refactoring and migrations at scale of all QRG applications to the cloud to ensure compliance with architecture patterns and design guardrails.
- Spearheading cloud adoption by providing Cloud expertise via coaching, mentoring, and socialization.
- Engineering strategies to automate the deployment of systems and applications in the cloud, and post deployments operating models.
- Providing leadership in infrastructure migration methodologies and techniques including mass application movements into the cloud including implementation of Azure, GCP, or AWS within in large regulated enterprise environments.
- Developing/coordinating cloud strategy and architecture, including requirements and performance standards to meet or exceed management and customer specifications in a cost-effective manner.
- Analyzing system requirements and ensuring systems will securely integrate with current applications.
- Transforming an end-to-end vertical service stack into a cloud or hybrid scenario.
- Understanding of system development in cloud environments, including Software as Service (SaaS), Platform as Service (PaaS), or Infrastructure as Service (IaaS).
- Contributing to technical elements of RFPs and RFIs.
- Negotiating with vendors on technical issues.
Perks of Working with Our Client Company (for full-time employees):
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Mental health counseling
- Tuition Assistance
- 401K Plan with company match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Vacation, Paid Time Off, Holidays, and Sick Days
- Employee Discounts
- Company Social Events
- Opportunities for career development
- Minimum 10 years' relevant experience, Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related fields, OR equivalent experience
- Cloud Certifications in AWS, Azure, and GCP
- Experience engineering and implementing public cloud-based hybrid solution in either Azure, AWS
- Expert knowledge and understanding of Public Cloud (Azure, GCP, or AWS) architectures, service configurations and solution including IaaS and PaaS offerings
- Knowledge of API integration.
- Experience with one or more: Dynatrace, Elk, Splunk, and/or New Relic
- Experience in Cloud Release and Change Management
- Knowledge of leveraging and managing CI/CD toolchain - Jira, Git, and Jenkins.
- Knowledge of Software defined ( network, compute, storage) data centers
- Strong knowledge of one or more containers and container management technologies including Docker, Kubernetes, Mesosphere.
- Knowledge of one or more scripting and automation programming Ruby, Python, Perl.
- Knowledge of one or more Configuration management tools, Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Strong familiarity of major operating systems and compute types: z/OS, AIX, Linux, Windows, Oracle, SQL Server to understand interoperability of applications vis-à-vis impacts and value over a phased cloud migration effort
- High level understanding of LAN/WAN networking, firewalls, load-balancers in a high-density cross-location data center(s) environment
- The ability to identify and quantify technology debt and its associated technical risk and advise on mitigation strategies
- Strong service attitude and a commitment to quality.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Contemporary Staffing Solutions (CSS) is a company that exudes unwavering results with urgency, honesty and integrity. CSS has been a leading provider of contract, temporary, temporary-hire & direct hire solutions. We began as a staffing agency and evolved to a national provider of workforce management solutions with a niche recruitment focus in Accounting & Finance, Call Center & Office, Human Resources, Sales & Marketing, Information Technology, Salesforce We respect our clients and candidates equally while keeping the client’s best interest in mind. Everyone at CSS operates with pro-active pipelines and with the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, a team-oriented work flow, with real cross training. The CSS team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can manage your expectations. It’s what makes CSS great and, most importantly, FUN to work with!