Posted: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 15:14:27 -0400
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Industry: Office Call Center
Job Type: Temp/Contract
Skill Set: Entry level (0-2 yrs)
A responsible job-seeker is needed for a Central Services Specialist position in Philadelphia, PA! As the Central Services Specialist, you will be responsible for working closely with Regional Sales Offices to ensure the timely and accurate development and delivery of all electronic new client Implementation Kits and related materials. Processing all paper list-billed employee updates while providing training, guidance and support in this area to field offices, clients and their service providers in both the paper and on-line billed environment. Assisting in the review and resolution of exception and anomalies reflected on daily and monthly reports as they relate to miscellaneous JSOX controls.
Managing and supporting a variety of projects and processes related to Central Services initiatives and Service Excellence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing support and subject matter expertise to the National Service Organization (NSO) for new and existing policyholders to ensure successful implementation.
- Creating and delivering new policyholder administrative kits in an accurate and timely manner.
- Interfacing with IS and the NSO to develop solutions to broker’s and client’s specific needs, and proactively communicating/documenting potential issues.
- Coordinating with other functional departments as needed, in order to complete implementations and projects on or ahead of schedule.
- Documenting all implementation information via shared file folders and provides data when required for departmental metric reporting.
- Coordinating updates and maintains Plan Administrator Guide documents.
- Facilitating process for initial set-up, testing and monthly vendor file upload for list bill clients.
- Processing employee change/add/termination requests on paper list-billed policies received via Service Cloud, RPS, Billing Services, Admin Changes and personal email boxes; this requires an in-depth knowledge of product offerings, contractual requirements and policy specific plan designs.
- Providing education, guidance and support to online clients and their service providers with respect to processing employee updates and basic online enrollment support for tasks such as adding coverage and updating elections.
- Monitoring and resolving all items submitted by our third party premium processor queue.
- Handling customer inquiries and complaints regarding billing issues received from our clients, brokers and field offices in a timely and professional manner.
- Reviewing and verifying the result of changes made to employee coverage and premium amounts prior to releasing bills/rebills.
- Working directly with other internal departments, particularly Underwriting and Medical Underwriting, on the validation and approval of requested employee changes that fall outside standard coverage and timeframe limits.
- Processing policyholder address changes in VUE that have not properly fed from PACS; on a monthly basis, parses and distributes the “rejected email address” report to the individual Regional Service Manager for review and update.
- Assisting in the analysis, research and disposition of various daily & monthly JSOX / Quality Control reports.
- Supporting billing systems enhancements and product development initiatives by actively participating in user acceptance testing.
- Supporting various training, marketing and ad hoc projects as assigned by management.
- Assuming additional responsibilities as needed.
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance strongly preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years directly related employee benefits or group insurance industry experience strongly preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in a high volume premium processing and billing operation.
- Must be able to understand the intricacies of List Bill and Self-Administered premium processing.
- Superior analytical and problem solving experience in a transactional financial environment is required.
- Underwriting knowledge and strong basic mathematical skills are required.
- Strong written and superior oral communication skills required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Professional business demeanor and the ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial capacity with minimal supervision are required.
- Superior organization skills are required. Must be detail oriented.
- Must have a high degree of flexibility and a willingness to get involved and perform detailed and diversified duties when special situations.
- Must work well in a multi-task, team-focused environment.