Posted: Thu, 03 Jan 2019 16:50:09 -0500
Location: Baltimore, MD
Industry: Accounting Finance
Job Type: Direct
Skill Set: Associate (3+yrs)
An Accounts Receivable and Credit Specialist is needed for a Direct-hire position Baltimore, MD!
Our client company is a small yet global logistics firm that has been in the industry since 1915. They are very customer-minded and consistently deliver excellent services and solutions to their most valuable partner: their customers!
The A/R and Credit Specialist is responsible for supporting the Credit Manager with all A/R-related, credit, and collections functions. They primarily correspond with customers regarding status of outstanding balances and payment status, prequalify prospective customers for credit and processing credit applications, assist with processing incoming customer payments, and set up new vendor accounts.
Responsibilities of the A/R and Credit Specialist include:
• Analyzing, evaluating, and releasing credit holds on accounts and shipments.
• Assisting with the research and preparation of weekly A/R reporting to the President.
• Preparing, auditing, and sending billing and payment reports to customers, including invoices and statements.
• Proactively and courteously corresponding with customers to resolve and collect outstanding balances and following up with customers as necessary to ensure payment.
• Investigating and resolving customer queries/issues.
• Analyzing and monitoring D&B credit reports and alerts for potential risk adjustments.
• Analyzing customer accounts for potential credit limit adjustments.
• Updating and maintaining A/R insurance coverage and associated reporting.
• Ensuring customer files and credit notes are updated and maintained, including payment notifications, credit decisions and adjustments, A/R scheduling information, and other essential customer communication.
• Researching and resolving vendor refunds.
• Researching and reconciling open AR credits/refunds.
• Processing new vendor account setup requests.
Perks of Working with Our Client Company:
Our client company is dedicated to their employees’ and growth within the company! The offer benefits to permanent employees that include:
• Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
• Life and Disability insurance
• 401K Plan
• Maternity/Paternity leave
• Vacation and Paid Time Off
• Tuition Assistance
• Opportunities to work from home
• Opportunities for career development
• And more!
• High School Diploma/GED
• Minimum of 3 years of recent experience in accounts receivable and credit and collections with at least 6 months of recent, relevant experience
• Pass both a background and credit check.
• Proven ability to interact and communicate (verbally and written) with all individuals within the organization and communicate information to customers and vendors in a professional and courteous manner
• An organized, strong multitasker that thrives in a busy environment
• Proven data entry proficiency with attention to detail and strong typing skills
• Excellent problem-solving and project management skills
• Can utilize current tech tools to increase efficiency and AR solutions
• Proficiency with computers and Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Consistently reports for work as scheduled, on-time and ready/able to perform job responsibilities
• Team player who can build trust and prove dependability
Meet Your Recruiter!
Ashlei Randolph is a strategic talent acquisition & retention manager providing recruitment solutions on a national level for Accounting & Finance, Mortgage, Call Center/Customer Service & HR. Ashlei’s career at CSS began in 2006 in the Delaware office. Her dynamic ability to provide customized & scalable solutions for contingent and direct hire placement has been instrumental in increasing client retention and employee satisfaction.
Since 1994, CSS has been a National Staffing & Recruitment provider specializing in niche recruitment placing professional talent in Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, Sales & Marketing, Call Center & Office, & Technical positions. At CSS, we consistently strive to meet the needs of our clients and candidates buy understanding their expectations for the right match. We focus on the business growth plan, company culture and matching the right skill set of the candidate to make a highly effective match. CSS is paid by our unique and exclusive client base and candidates are prioritized based on client’s skill preferences. To our job seekers we offer the highest level of free customer service and teamwork, and the chance to become fully vetted so we can present you to our clients for possible temporary, contract or direct hire employment.