Posted: Fri, 19 Jul 2019 09:51:45 -0400
Location: West Chester, PA
Industry: Accounting Finance
Job Type: Direct
Skill Set: Associate (3+yrs)
Accounts Receivable Specialist, Direct Hire
A job-seeker with organizational skills, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task is needed for a Direct Hire Accounts Receivable Specialist position in West Chester, PA! As the Accounts Receivable Specialist, you will primarily be responsible for effective management, analysis and problem resolution of the company’s outstanding accounts and the application of payments. This position offers $50k annually.
Responsibilities of the Accounts Receivable Specialist include:
- Applying customer payments.
- Researching and solving payment discrepancies.
- Processing credit card payments and credits.
- Making adjustments to accounts as needed.
- Preparing manual deposits. Deposits all checks on a daily basis after applying the payments against AR. Physically takes the deposits to the bank each day. Reconciles all bank accounts daily.
- Preparing weekly reports for accounting office.
- Preparing, reviewing and mailing monthly customer statements.
- Posting customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
- Posting revenues by verifying and entering transactions.
- Updating receivables by totaling unpaid invoices.
- Verifying validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer service departments, and customers.
- Resolving valid or authorized deductions by entering corrections to customer accounts.
- Resolving customer accounts by examining payment plans and payment history to determine if collection letters need to be sent out on delinquent accounts.
- Summarizing receivables by maintaining invoice accounts, coordinating monthly transfer to accounts receivable account, verifying totals, and preparing reports.
- Assisting other finance areas such as accounts payable.
- Researching and negotiating chargeback claims. Handles the RMA process and credit memos.
- Making all additions/changes/deletions as appropriate to maintain accurate system information.
- Maintaining and updating CRM database weekly so the information is accurate. Purges old data.
- Maintaining company vendor file by alphabetically organizing information and brochures. In addition, maintain vendor records in the accounting system to include the name, address, TIN, expense account / subaccount and terms.
- Assisting in AP if required.
- Maintaining company customer file by alphabetically organizing correspondence and information. Also responsible for accurately maintaining records in the same manner as the vendor system.
- Performing variety of administrative tasks such as mail sorting/handling, report generation, scanning/filing of documents, monitoring of UPS and FedEx deliveries to the site and other tasks defined by the President- as required. Responsible for handling confidential information and preparing and distributing correspondence as required.
- Willing and able to answer and direct multi line phone calls.
- Composing and typing correspondence as required.
Perks of Working with Our Client Company (for full-time employees):
- Medical and Dental coverage
- Profit sharing
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Employee referral bonus program
- Wellness Programs
- Tuition assistance
- Career Development opportunities
- And more!
Requirements of the Accounts Receivable Specialist:
- High school diploma required or equivalent experience in mathematics.
- Willing to work 40 or more hours weekly.
- Basic computer knowledge. Familiarity with MS Word, Excel and Outlook. Knowledge of Accounting Software is a plus.
- Certification or specialized training desired
- Effective verbal, written, and client management skills
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Ability to work accurately and effectively under tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as with teams
- Ability to demonstrate good common sense and sound judgment
- Ability to use 10-key calculator for a variety of accounting functions
- Ability to maintain confidentially
- Strong mathematical aptitude
Contemporary Staffing Solutions (CSS) is a company that exudes unwavering results with urgency, honesty and integrity. CSS has been a leading provider of contract, temporary, temporary-hire & direct hire solutions. We began as a staffing agency and evolved to a national provider of workforce management solutions with a niche recruitment focus in Accounting & Finance, Call Center & Office, Human Resources, Sales & Marketing, Information Technology, Sales force We respect our clients and candidates equally while keeping the client’s best interest in mind. Everyone at CSS operates with pro-active pipelines and with the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, a team-oriented work flow, with real cross training. The CSS team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can manage your expectations. It’s what makes CSS great and, most importantly, FUN to work with!