Random Acts of Kindness day began in New Zealand in 2004 and has since become a national holiday for all New Zealand citizens where people perform random acts of kindness for strangers/people in their community.
While New Zealand participates in #RandomActsOfKindnessDay on September 1st, the United States celebrates the holiday today, February 17th, ever year! And not only do we recognize Random Acts of Kindness day, some people choose to spread that positivity for a full Random Acts of Kindness week!
How can you contribute to Random Acts of Kindness Day/Week? There are so many ways, but here are a few:
- Text/call a friend/loved one and tell them how lucky you are for them.
- Give someone a compliment.
- Donate blood.
- Tip your server/barista really well.
- Share/contribute to someone’s GoFundMe campaign.
- Bring food or a bag of supplies to someone in need.
- Volunteer at/donate to a local food pantry, soup kitchen, or other charity.
- Pay it forward by paying for the person behind you in line.
How are celebrating #RandomActsOfKindessDay ? Tweet or comment your stories at us and we’ll share our favorite ones!