Great employees make or break your business. For this reason, it’s critical to find and retain them. With 2015 fast approaching, most companies are forecasting how company funds will be allotted in the upcoming year, and recruitment efforts should always be included in the plan. With a smart strategy, you can maximize the use of your funds in your search for top talent. So, where do you start?
Recruiting: The best five ways to invest time and budget
- Get social. Interaction on frequently traveled web locations—social media, job sites, your corporate website or your company blog—is a critical way to broaden the audience you reach to locate new employees. After all, the more people you connect with, the deeper the talent pool you’re accessing. If you have tech-savvy staff, you can handle Web interaction in-house. Another option to maximize your online marketing efforts is work with a marketing agency that specializes in social media, Web design, blogging, etc.
- Go mobile. Electronic devices are all the rage, and here to stay. For this reason, your website, job postings and email should all have mobile applications available so candidates can view your online information and communications anytime, anywhere, through any means.
- Build your talent brand. Your company brand is how you represent your business to the world, what you stand for, and what you can provide to consumers. Your talent brand is the experience of employees at your company, and how they describe working for you to others. This has a huge impact on your company’s reputation and the ease with which you’ll find staff who are ready, willing and thrilled to work for you. You can strengthen your talent brand through a great corporate culture: rich benefits, employee recognition, flexible scheduling, adequate time off and room for advancement are just a few of the best ways to do this. You can also reinforce your talent brand with the way you represent your company on social media, your website, etc.
- Be prepared to hire quickly. An essential part of your recruitment budget should be improving your hiring efficiency. You can do this building a back log or pipeline of potential candidates. For best results, your company should always be on the lookout for new talent, by attending trade shows, conferences and job fairs. Also, keep a record of past applicants and always consider hiring internally.
- Work with a staffing partner. Another way to improve efficiency in recruiting is working with a staffing firm. This relationship is an investment that can save you the time and money it takes to locate, interview, hire and train new staff. Plus, recruiters have access to deep pools of talent and candidate databases that the general public does not.
Leap forward into a successful 2015!
By developing your recruiting strategy, you’ll be on track to maintain the most valuable resource your company has: its staff. Your employees are what allow your business to surge ahead and accomplish your goals.
Contemporary Staffing Solutions can help.
Our expert recruiters excel at placing the best candidates with best-fit jobs. Supplement your staff quickly and easily. Contact Contemporary Staffing Solutions to learn how.