Salesforce Sales Cloud is a customizable, integrated web and mobile platform that brings in customer data from marketing, lead generation, sales, customer service and business analytics and makes it simple to access and utilize that data from one location. It has been touted as the “Cadillac of CRM tools” because of its robust features and functionalities. However, because Sales Cloud is so robust, many organizations don’t know how to utilize it to its full potential to help them become more agile.
Making The Most of Sales Cloud
If you have purchased Sales Cloud, it is critical to know how to get your money’s worth from the platform. Purchasing the Premier + Success package provides access to the top-tier of the Salesforce service model; however, it helps to know which features will help you get moving faster, right out of the gate. These are the six best ways to start getting more from Sales Cloud.
- Email and marketing automation: Design personalized and campaign-level email, send and track them through the Sales Cloud platform. It allows users to sync their Microsoft Outlook contacts and calendars, and users can send Salesforce emails directly from Outlook, without having to access the Salesforce platform. Salesforce Engage allows users to sync Gmail accounts to track clicks and opens for marketing campaigns.
- Lead management: Users can design their own lead capture forms, access a lead’s most current contact information from sources like Dunn & Bradstreet and establish automatic lead routing to ensure no lead falls through the cracks. Users can also track the impact of marketing campaigns on lead generation.
- Sales CRM: Salespeople can view and manage their entire task queue in one place, and access lead and customer account information directly from the platform. Salespeople can update a lead status directly, in real-time, to ensure the lead is automatically categorized for proper marketing communications. Users can find accounts, campaigns, leads, opportunities, prospects and more without having to leave Sales Cloud.
- Internal communications: Instead of leaving Sales Cloud and opening email to communicate with a colleague about an account or contact, users can communicate with each other in real-time directly in the platform’s social media feed. This ensures efficient communication and maintains a trackable record within Salesforce.
- Sales management: Managers can forecast directly in the tool and track the performance of each rep in real time.
- Reporting: Users can create customizable reports on nearly any metric, in real-time using drag-and-drop fields, filters and charts.
Are You Getting the Most From Salesforce?
Optimizing Salesforce requires you to have a staff of professionals on hand who can help you tailor the platform to your unique needs. If your organization is looking to attract the best and brightest Salesforce development talent to help you optimize Salesforce platforms, contact the recruiting experts at CSS today to learn more about the ways we can help you find and hire the talent you need.